How do you guys deal with this problem? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How do you guys deal with this problem?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:50 am

princethomas here.

I wont draft Bonds. Period. otherwise Im good with most anyone. Even Giants. But I wont put myself in a situation where Im ROOTing for that guy. Maybe I am BIASED but thats just me. Last year I had quite a few Dodgers. Especially pitchers. That wasnt just being a fan. Their pitchers were pretty good. And I kept Shawn Green all year. He's my boy. I had to do it. Kept on the bench until late in the year when he started to come back. Actually Im more likely to have a problem drafting or keeping players I like when I shouldnt than avoiding the ones I dont.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

What difference?

Postby MDC » Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:29 am

At the end of the day it doesnt matter who u root for it wont change the outcome!

I think, especially using my point above, its ridiculous to lessen your chances in your fantasy league just on the basis of who someone plays for or on there personality
MDC Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby prodpaul » Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:38 am

I do that in all my leagues football included. I will not draft a White Sox or Twin and in football I will not draft a Raider or Bronco. Go Royals and Chiefs ;-D

Tetelestai
prodpaul
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby eli81k » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:04 pm

I won't pay attention to it during the draft, but if I can get equal value, I'll try and get rid of my Yankees. Once Jeter came back from the DL last season I worked out a three way trade where I sent Ray Durham and Jeter to one team, and Joel Pinero and Jay Gibbons to another, and got Nomar from the first team and Bret Boone from the second (I forget who team 1 and 2 traded between each other). Unfortunately I couldn't find the right taker for Godzilla, so he was with me all season.
eli81k
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Lt Columbo » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:13 pm

I agree with Tenman, about rooting for and against pitchers. On the last day of a H2H week, me and another guy might be pretty closer in ERA and WHIP, so I find out who he has for that day and root like crazy for his pitcher to get rocked. More fun than hitters by far. ;-D
Lt Columbo

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby trevisc » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:19 pm

Draft all the players you can regardless of what team they are on and trade them for comparable players you like.
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby ironman » Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:00 pm

Remember that in fantasy its not personal its business. Cheesy? Yes. Cliched? A bit. But its the way you need to look at it sometimes.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers