Mike Pelfrey of Jacob McGee.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Mike Pelfrey of Jacob McGee....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mike Pelfrey of Jacob McGee....

Postby KDOGG » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:28 am

I realize Pelfrey has already reached the majors but which one do you think has the higher ceiling?
KDOGG
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mike Pelfrey of Jacob McGee....

Postby J35J » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:00 am

KDOGG wrote:I realize Pelfrey has already reached the majors but which one do you think has the higher ceiling?

I'd lean towards Pelfrey....Like you said, he's already up with the big club. He plays in the NL and for a team who will win more games. He's also more of a ground ball pitcher in a nice pitchers park.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 398)

Postby KDOGG » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:51 pm

J35J wrote:
KDOGG wrote:I realize Pelfrey has already reached the majors but which one do you think has the higher ceiling?

I'd lean towards Pelfrey....Like you said, he's already up with the big club. He plays in the NL and for a team who will win more games. He's also more of a ground ball pitcher in a nice pitchers park.

J35J- Thansk for your response I usually see you write in this particualr forum quite a bit and it sounds like yo uknow what your talking about. I agree with you the Pelfrey has a better situation but in terms of stuff I think I'd probably have to give the edge the Mcgee. I actually like Mcgee as an individual player better but will probably decide to go with Pelfrey because of his situation. Wish me Luck!! lol

And thanks again for the response.
KDOGG
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby J35J » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:27 pm

KDOGG wrote:
J35J wrote:

J35J- Thansk for your response I usually see you write in this particualr forum quite a bit and it sounds like yo uknow what your talking about. I agree with you the Pelfrey has a better situation but in terms of stuff I think I'd probably have to give the edge the Mcgee. I actually like Mcgee as an individual player better but will probably decide to go with Pelfrey because of his situation. Wish me Luck!! lol

And thanks again for the response.

I wouldn't disagree with anything you said.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 398)

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:46 am

I have to go with McGee for higher ceiling. McGees ceiling is probably as a very good #2 pushing #1 status where as Pelfrey ranks around a 3 or so. Now when you rank the chances of each reaching their ceiling, then I think Pelfrey has a much higher chance of reaching his ceiling as McGee could end becoming a LOOGY just as much as he could the #2. Pelfrey does have the added bonus of being in the National League as well.

As far as whom to pickup, I would probably go with McGee for the higher ceiling if they are players that can be stuck in a farm system in your league.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:43 am

I'm also gonna go with McGee for higher ceiling. I would probably go with McGee regardless. I don't know the specs of your league, so I won't comment on who you should go for. But, based on talent, I'd rank McGee over Pelfrey. Pelfrey's potential is still there though, it's just that I had Pelfrey on one of my roster for almost the entire year and as soon as I dropped him, he had that one great start. I'm probably not going near him again, unless he somehow finds a breaking pitch and starts to get people out.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:04 am

I agree it is McGee. He has better stuff, more talent, and potential.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RaysFan » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:01 am

I think that it has to be McGee, I think that Pelfrey will develop nicely but I think it will take him a little bit longer to find his niche in the MLB while I think that McGee will be able to handle the pressure when he gets called up. Its a different enviroment playing in the Trop ((when he finally gets here)). Both offesnes will score these guys runs but who knows how the Dray BP will look so he might loose some W in the future in that department.

Cases can be made for both players, and I may have a bit of a bias but I would go with McGee hes just amazing.

Thanks to Alec03 for the awesome sig
RaysFan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BigLeagueFutures » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:34 am

Take McGee over Pelfrey and don't look back. IMO, I don't think it's all that close of a call.
For Daily News On Prospects Visit -- http://bigleaguefutures.com/
BigLeagueFutures
College Coach
College Coach

Postby stealthdevil » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:04 pm

McGee. McGee. McGee. ;-D
stealthdevil
College Coach
College Coach