Top picks in a 12 team National League roto - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Top picks in a 12 team National League roto

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Top picks in a 12 team National League roto

Postby dolphin330 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:05 pm

First of all, we have keepers which I shall list . What I want are your ideas for the next two-three rounds after that.

Keepers are Helton,Pujols,Abreu,Bonds, Chipper and Andrew Jones,Edmonds, Berkman,B.Giles,Preston Wilson,Sosa,Thome,Dunn,Sexson, L.Gonzalez,Bagwell,Green,Pierre,Kearns

Furcal,Vidro,Renteria,Rolen,Lowell,Castillo, Kent, O.Cabrera

Prior,Wood,Millwood,Schmdt,Randy Johnson,Willis,Wagner,Gagne, and either Hampton or Smoltz (should be a no brainer but the guy still isn't sure)

My league uses H,R,RBI,HR,SB,and K(a negative one) for hitters

Wins,Saves,Holds,ERA,K,and BB for pitchers.

I used my league settings to get projections from two sources.

Source B (conservative on stats) came out in this order for the next best (about three rounds)
Seven RPs ahead of Derek Lee. Then
Derek Lee, Oswalt,MarcusGiles,Encarnacion,A.Ramirez,Rollins,Hidalgo,Matsui,Kendall,Morris,Beltre,Klesko,Alou,Cameron,CarlEverett,NicK Johnson,Polanco,LarryWalker,MiguelCabrea,Payton,Batista,Alomar,JoseReyes,Burnitz,T.Redman,Jenkins,Burrell,Biggio,Drew,Patterson,Floyd

Source F (very liberal with projected stats) came out

D.Lee. NickJohnson,Cintron,Ensberg,Nevin, M.Giles,Ramirez,Drew,Oswalt,Valverde,Conine,Rollins,Matsui,Piazza,Hidalgo,Jenkins,Floyd,Casey,Alfonso,Dotel,Hillenbrand,L.Walker,Patterson,Everett(SS),Beckett,Benitez,Smoltz,Podsednik,Mantei,Batista,Griffey,Petitte,Everett(CF),Issringhausen,Wilkerson

The second one took players that the first one had placed FAR down the list and placed them much higher, including

Cintron from 65th to 3rd,Ensberg from 60th to 4th,Nevin from 75th to 5th,,Drew from 30th to 7th,Valverde from nowhere to 9th,Piazza,Caseyfrom 40th to 18th,Everett(SS)Beckett, and Petittefrom 75th to 31.

The second one also took players from my first list and dropped them much LOWER, including

Encarnacion to 58th,Kendall to 59th,M.Cabrera to 55th,Morris to 50th,Jose Reyes to 48th,Polanco to 47th,Klesko to 40th. This does not even include the placement of the first seven RPs.

How would you reconcile these differences? Which players deserve to be in the first 12? 24? 36?
dolphin330
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BigLebowski » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:04 pm

I know the most of us here at the cafe are generous folk, and will give people what they ask for usually. But you are asking for a heck of a lot man.

I didn't even get through your list of keepers before I was just skimming.

That said, I'd target D. Lee, Marcus Giles, A. Ramirez, Roy Oswalt, A. Benitez, Beckett then Nevin.

I hope that helps. :-o
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 474)

Postby dolphin330 » Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:28 am

To make this easier-

All I really want is some help on the players who are rated high by one source and low on the other.

Should players like Cintron, Conine, Drew, Jenkins, Casey or Hillenbrand be early targets?

After Oswalt and Beckett, who are the better starting pitchers, particularly among Petitte,Eric Milton,Livan Hernandez,Morris,Kip Wells,Padilla,Webb, and Nomo?
dolphin330
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers