Help Quick Please...Cheating Streamer? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Help Quick Please...Cheating Streamer?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help Quick Please...Cheating Streamer?

Postby prricci » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:33 am

I have a person in my league that does this every year...this year I am commish. I am currently playing him in first round of playoffs. He has a bunch of ww players on his team...I am have been beating him 10-1 in h2h stats, he started dropping his players on Wednesday to fill his Thursday (day off) roster and streaming his pitchers (he did this the last two weeks of the season to sneak into the playoffs - played the worst team and second to worst team in the league those weaks). He streamed so he had 3-4 pitchers going each night (from Wednesday on) to catch me in strikeouts and wins. He has now overtaken me in Ks and I am leading 9-2. I warned him on Wednesday that I would lock his ability to do transactions if he kept up these actions, as I view this as cheating, albiet minor. I think this is week and pathetic. Another manager invited him into the league,after I had already set the rules. If I knew he was in prior I would have put some barrier in place for these actions.

So, 2 days (Friday) after I warned him, he still did it. So, I posted a message and locked his transactions. He posts a message calling me a cheater and that I changed the rules. Personally, this person is the type of person who cheats his way through life (I have worked with him before- have first hand witnessed events to back this allegation) :-)

Questions, should I just unlock his transactions and let him be a jackass, as I am probably going to win anyway, or keep as is to send him a message?

Additionally, if I do unlock, should I warn him (if by the slimmest of chances he does catchup and beat me and moves on) I will lock his transactions if he starts this against his next opponent?

No money league, just cannot stand this person's ridiculous antics.

BTW - I locked him when we now both have 6 starting pitcher left for the week...so he has to beat me fairly and not by having 12 pitchers to my six.
Thanks in advance to all for your help.

This is not intended to be a wine just a cry for help :~(
prricci
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Help Quick Please...Cheating Streamer?

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:26 am

I have a person in my league that does this every year...this year I am commish.

If he does this every year and you are the commish, you should have put rules in effect before the season. Whining now isn't an excuse.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby chris8 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:53 pm

As long as he's playing the guys he picks up, and not just making sure no one else can have them, this is a legitimate strategy in H2H. You have no right to lock his ability to make transactions - he is playing within the rules.

Next year, put an transactions limit in place before the draft (the H2HWS has 50), if you want to limit people's ability to do this. Alternatively, make it a weekly transaction league.
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 103)

Postby prricci » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:01 pm

prricci wrote: Another manager invited him into the league,after I had already set the rules. If I knew he was in prior I would have put some barrier in place for these actions.

Although, I appreciate responses to my post and you seem to have made a lot of good posts judging by your classification and icons, you probably should spent more time reading my post before responding inaccurately.

My only recourse after I set the rules and he was invited into the league was to warn him prior to the playoffs...I did. Additionally, as he started doing it...I gave him a second warning to which he ignored. I locked him (mostly to annoy him as much as I was annoyed by his antics...childish? yes...we all have our days) , posted this message and thought about it. I later unlocked him within the same day so no net effect...he was still able to stream for Sunday.

Resolution...I beat him anywa...10-2.
prricci
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby prricci » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:05 pm

chris8 wrote:As long as he's playing the guys he picks up, and not just making sure no one else can have them, this is a legitimate strategy in H2H. You have no right to lock his ability to make transactions - he is playing within the rules.

Next year, put an transactions limit in place before the draft (the H2HWS has 50), if you want to limit people's ability to do this. Alternatively, make it a weekly transaction league.

After thinking about this further...I agreed with you and did not want him to have any excuses as I was going to beat him anyway.. So I did unlock him all within the same day...no effect to his ability to stream.

I am hoping he is not in our league next year. As previously mentioned I set the rules invlted some friends and another of those managers invited him to the league unbenounced to me after I already set the rules. See previous post for more info.

This was a helpful post.
prricci
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Commissioner's Corner