Beer recommendation thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Beer recommendation thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Beer recommendation thread

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:02 am

Ohhh, another thing. If you decide to take the 10 all the way west to Santa Monica, you have to visit Father's Office. Not only is that place chock full of terrific Californian microbrews (and I'm not just talking about Stone, Alesmith, and Russian River), but it has arguably the best burger you'll ever eat in your life. ;-D

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:36 am

pokerplaya wrote:I had my first Arrogant Bastard Ale at the Ginger Man in Manhattan. MMM, delicious.

Any other recommendations considering I enjoyed this one? PS - I started off with a Brooklyn Lager, (yes only had 2 beers) which has always been a safe standby of mine.

The Ginger Man has 60 beers on tap (and few macros of that) and 100+ bottles. I can find most stuff here, so tell me what to drink. It's two blocks from where I work. :-D

The Ginger Man is awesome.

I had Hofbrau (sp?) for the first time and must say it is excellent. I also had some British or Irish beer, Speckled something, that was pretty decent as well.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:17 pm

blankman wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:I had my first Arrogant Bastard Ale at the Ginger Man in Manhattan. MMM, delicious.

Any other recommendations considering I enjoyed this one? PS - I started off with a Brooklyn Lager, (yes only had 2 beers) which has always been a safe standby of mine.

The Ginger Man has 60 beers on tap (and few macros of that) and 100+ bottles. I can find most stuff here, so tell me what to drink. It's two blocks from where I work. :-D

The Ginger Man is awesome.

I had Hofbrau (sp?) for the first time and must say it is excellent. I also had some British or Irish beer, Speckled something, that was pretty decent as well.

You probably mean Olde Speckled Hen. Good choice. ;-D

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Previous

Return to General Talk