Burroughs to steal more bases - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Burroughs to steal more bases

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby benjapage » Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:17 am

well, it kind of depends. if you have jose vidro at second and nomar at short, those are two guys that hit for more power and swipe less baggage than is typical for their position. at that point, burroughs' base-stealing becomes much more relevant. agreed?

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Purple Haze » Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:48 pm

BigLebowski wrote:
kentx12 wrote:With 3rd being so deep do any of you think he is even a decent backup at 3rd. His numbers have been none to impressive imo.

I agree. In my NL only league I don't even really see him as an option, unless I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel. Good average, but sub-par power numbers. IF he runs it may increase his value, but he needs to prove the speed before I take him.

Don't forget last year was his 1st year in the majors... He was a great college player, and a great minor leaguer.. With the Padres improving this year. I look for Sean Burroughs to improve with them in his 2nd year in the league.. Blalock, and Texeria didn't do so hot there first year, and look at them now...

If Burroughs hits .300 with 15 HR's 15 SB's and 70 RBI's and 100 runs scored... He will rank in the top 10 overall... He may not get 15 HR's (he has the strength to improve his Hr's) but the other numbers are very obtainable..(IMHO)
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:53 pm

Burroughs is my sleeper of the year. He's a prototypical #2 (or #3 as his body develops more), not a leadoff guy.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Ron Badger » Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:12 pm

I have him ranked as the 20th 3B on my cheat sheet for this season, so I won't be drafting him.
Ron Badger Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers