Bonderman: sore elbow - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Bonderman: sore elbow

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bonderman: sore elbow

Postby captoats85 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:10 pm

"[Pitching coach] Chuck [Hernandez] was a little suspicious with the way he threw a couple of pitches," Leyland said. "He said he was fine and it was just a changeup he threw. I could have easily hooked him right there, but he said he was fine."

Bonderman threw two more pitches after that, both fastballs. Cintron drove the second of them just deep enough to hit the railing above the right-field fence for his first home run since Sept. 29, 2006, spanning 60 games played and 163 at-bats.

Bonderman, for his part, said after the game there was no problem.

"[Leyland] said they thought there was something wrong," Bonderman said. "I just spiked two changeups and he thought they were fastballs, I guess. I was fine."

The two pitches that followed, however, made catcher Ivan Rodriguez believe something went wrong.

"After Jim came over, [Bonderman] said that his elbow bothered him a little bit," Rodriguez said, adding that Bonderman wanted to stay in the game. "And then he threw the next two pitches at 88-89 [mph]. So probably, he was protecting his arm in that situation.

http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/news/game ... p&c_id=det

I really would be worried about this one, especially since I dealt for him 5 weeks ago.
captoats85
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates