John Kerry in trouble - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

John Kerry in trouble

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby DieHardCubbie » Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:15 pm

In an off-the-record conversation with a dozen reporters earlier this week, General Wesley Clark plainly stated: "Kerry will implode over an intern issue."

Monica Lewenski says she thinks she can get that stain out with a little club soda.... ;-7
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:23 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:He broke one story--Monica and the dress. And he is a rightwing hack.

Anyway, on a sidenote, now that the alleged woman's name has come out... well, I know her.

Hes broken many more than that, but since thats the bleeting echo heard from your party, thats all you know. Power to the Sheeple!

Seriously though, you know this girl?

I love it .... ;-D

Power to the sheeple :-D
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)

Postby Arlo » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:55 am

Well, partisanship aside, I do think a little skepsis might be in order when the source is someone who has no problem with "accurately reporting inaccurate rumors" (which, by the way, is an absolutely wonderful phrase :-D )...

(Incidentally, whether this story is accurate or not, Drudge wasn't the first to report it.)

Ah, election years... :-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:33 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:He broke one story--Monica and the dress. And he is a rightwing hack.

Anyway, on a sidenote, now that the alleged woman's name has come out... well, I know her.

Hes broken many more than that, but since thats the bleeting echo heard from your party, thats all you know. Power to the Sheeple!

Seriously though, you know this girl?

Yeah, I do.

And, Drudge is a hack. I have a BA in journalism. He's no journalist. He publishes every rumor that comes across his desk--especially those against Dems--and once and awhile, he hits a hole in one.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:18 am

Well, here you go:

"As was quickly apparent to us last week, it turns out the whole John Kerry "intern scandal" was a just combination of fiction and fantasy. The "exclusive" story from from Drudge Report was almost immediately called into doubt by us as Drudge re-wrote and re-posted the key facts of his exclusive five times during the first day he broke the story. Unlike last week, we now know a lot of specific details today. The woman never worked for Kerry or his campaign, never dated Kerry, never had any personal relationship with Kerry. It turns out that -- a few years ago -- she had dated Kerry's longtime campaign finance director. Somehow -- in the mind of Matt Drudge -- that became confused with dating or having sex with Kerry himself. Drudge blames the confusion on the woman."

Well, there you have it. Mark another one up for accuracy in reporting. It looks like this intern scandal has gone the way of Drudges Sidney Blumenthal spousal abuse story. Back to the fiction section, where it belongs.

All political partisanship aside - getting your news from Matt Drudge is like getting your baseball economics numbers from Selig. It will be skewed heavily and completely unreliable.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:05 pm

I think its funny how those of you who dislike Drudge call him a hack or worse because of all the right-wing news he reports.

Drudge and his webpage is simply a middleman. He actually writes a paragraph or two maybe 2-3 times a month if that. 99%+ of the information found are simply links to another news source. Maybe all of the news sources that he links to are all part of the vast right wing conspiracy. :-?

Even though his "exclusive" reported this: 3 or more major mass media organizations had people investigating the allegations of adultry and Kerry. All he did was report the facts. Yes, there were journalists investigating the rumors. Did he write that it actually happened? No. He wrote that it was being investigated. Did he lie?

Also, rather than blanket accusations against Drudge, why not take a look? Whats on his webpage today?

An article about Pearl's wife slamming the WSJ for a lack of support in persuing justice for her husbands kidnappers and murderers.
An overnight nielsen rating from last night.
A couple of business news links
An article on stem cell science helping children
An article on the bulk email legislation
An article on a judges ruling to overturn Dean's Governor records
At least 6 articles regarding the Kerry scandal, both sides represented.

Feel free to take a look and show me the partican articles Drudge writes and reports.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:58 pm

Larry Flynt has a rumor about Bush, too. I won't repeat it, 'cause I don't like that in politics...

But, my point is, Cornbread, that you reported this as fact--"Kerry is in Trouble". Well, so is Bush, according to Flynt.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:48 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:Larry Flynt has a rumor about Bush, too. I won't repeat it, 'cause I don't like that in politics...

But, my point is, Cornbread, that you reported this as fact--"Kerry is in Trouble". Well, so is Bush, according to Flynt.

The Larry Flynt/Bush article is on the Drudge Report??? OMG!!! I thought the Drudge Report was a right wing schrill, yet here is an article from a left wing nutball right at the top of the page.
- im just being sarcastic, but you get my point.

As for me reporting anything as fact, Im sorry if you took it that way. Did you make the same mistake with the Drudge article?

No one said for a fact that Kerry had adulterous relations with his intern. What was said as fact was that there are reporters investigating into the matter.

I didnt mislead anyone. I simply posted a link to the article. I think the article stands for itself. It never once said that Kerry was in fact having this affair. It said a few reporters were looking into it. Now Drudge is the bad guy for reporting the truth, and apparantly I am as well for posting a link.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:15 pm

Um, I don't know, does Drudge have it? I didn't get it there, I got it from the NY Daily News.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:42 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:Um, I don't know, does Drudge have it? I didn't get it there, I got it from the NY Daily News.

yup. had it up all day yesterday.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to General Talk