Fair trade? Zaun & Corey Patterson for Joe Mauer, Darrin Er - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Fair trade? Zaun & Corey Patterson for Joe Mauer, Darrin Er

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Fair trade? Zaun & Corey Patterson for Joe Mauer, Darrin Er

Postby x27man » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:11 pm

The following scenarios are NOT a keeper league. It is a Roto league, re-draft every year. AL only.

In 2005, owner A traded Danys Baez, who at the time was closing effectively to Owner B for Richard Harden, who couldn’t even pick up a ball in September of '05. Owner B won the championship. Owner A was in last place. (standard 4 x 4 league)

In 2006, Owner B trades Ryan Garko to Owner A for Nelson Liriano, who at that time had a sore arm, and has been out ever since. Then at the trade deadline, Owner B traded Carlos Lee to Owner A for Rondell White (stud?) & Mariano Rivera (who played little in September). Owner B was in last place most of the year, and Owner A won the title. (standard 4 x 4 league)

1 week later after the trade was made, Owner B cut Rivera. (nobody said anything about this)

In 2007, Owner A now trades Geoff Zaun and Corey Patterson to Owner B for Joe Mauer and Darrin Erstad. Owner A is buried in last place. Owner B is going for a title. Erstad will fall in love with a bench most of September, and Mauer has a hamstring problem-who knows when he will be back, it is September (I noticed that-did anyone else?). Patterson will help Owner B finish higher in steals, no doubt. (standard 5 x 5 league)

What should be done about all this? Sounds like the same old s**t every year. Owner B has a history of trading high profile players in the league who are hurt, or having bad years, for healthy players and those having good years. Don’t know how guys can trade with Owner B, who I think wouldn’t survive the leagues I read about all the time on this board.

Just give me some impartial opinions on all of this....
x27man
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Fair trade? Zaun & Corey Patterson for Joe Mauer, Darrin Er

Postby Whisp » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:03 pm

you definitely have a reason to be upset about the past transactions, but this one isn't much to be upset about, in my opinion.
C-MMontero/Iannetta 1B-Hosmer 2B-Kendrick 3B-MiCabrera/Rolen SS-Rollins
CI-IDavis MI-RRoberts OF-Bruce/Crisp/Hunter/Cain/Rios
SP-Sabathia/ClLee/Wainwright/Pineda/Hellickson/JSantana
RP-Putz/Santiago/Rodney/Lidge/Clippard
Whisp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Fair trade? Zaun & Corey Patterson for Joe Mauer, Darrin Er

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:24 am

Whisp wrote:you definitely have a reason to be upset about the past transactions, but this one isn't much to be upset about, in my opinion.

I agree.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Return to Commissioner's Corner