Kanye West - Graduation - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Kanye West - Graduation

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Kanye West - Graduation

Postby LukeW9027 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:07 pm

bigken117 wrote:I don't have it yet, but my legal iTunes pre-order is in :-D ...mostly because I want him to outsell 50 which I won't buy...

Seriously, rap now does su** I can't take most of it, can't stand the urban station up here in Boston. Kanye is different than standard rap, and I look forward to Graduation more than anything. I've been brushing up on my College Dropout (Best. Album. Ever.) and Late Registration to get me geared. That and his "Throw some D's on it" remix...

Can't tell me nothin is my myspace song, love it...stronger is getting a lot of radio play and I like it, but I hope all that radio play doesn't ruin it like it did Gold Digger...heard Barry Bonds and I was disappointed because I like Kanye and Weezy, was expecting more. I'll definitely post my thoughts when I hear the rest.

I really don't like Kanye or any of 50's current music, but I have a pretty strong feeling that Kanye will be beaten in that 'contest'.
Blind Bidders Auction Keeper League- League Champ
Cafe Bums- Last Place
LukeW9027
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:20 pm

LukeW9027 wrote:
bigken117 wrote:I don't have it yet, but my legal iTunes pre-order is in :-D ...mostly because I want him to outsell 50 which I won't buy...

Seriously, rap now does su** I can't take most of it, can't stand the urban station up here in Boston. Kanye is different than standard rap, and I look forward to Graduation more than anything. I've been brushing up on my College Dropout (Best. Album. Ever.) and Late Registration to get me geared. That and his "Throw some D's on it" remix...

Can't tell me nothin is my myspace song, love it...stronger is getting a lot of radio play and I like it, but I hope all that radio play doesn't ruin it like it did Gold Digger...heard Barry Bonds and I was disappointed because I like Kanye and Weezy, was expecting more. I'll definitely post my thoughts when I hear the rest.

I really don't like Kanye or any of 50's current music, but I have a pretty strong feeling that Kanye will be beaten in that 'contest'.

i dont think so. 50 is coming to a crashing halt. this album will be a huge failure if you ask me.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Postby tuff_gong » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:36 pm

I think 50 will sell more. People are under estimating his number of loyal fans in the suburbs across the country. That being said, I'll be buying Graduation on Tuesday.

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bigken117 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:29 pm

oh I think 50 will sell more too, but his album won't be anything ground breaking or different than his last (which was not very good).

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 251)

Postby DK » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:13 am

*Steps in*

Curtis was better than Graduation.
I am not a fan of 50 Cent at all, but when it comes down to merely how good the album was, Graduation was below average.

Outside of Stronger and a couple of other songs it sounded horribly lazy to me.
Meanwhile 50 did what 50 does: hypnotic hooks, catchy production, and odes to his gun.

Kanye will never outsell 50, ever. Both of Kanye's releases combined don't add up to any individual 50 album in terms of sales.

*steps out*
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:29 pm

i agree but for the most part, i think everyone realized how bad the massacre was after buying it and i know most fans of the genre dont like 50 anymore.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Postby bigken117 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:30 pm

DK wrote:Outside of Stronger and a couple of other songs it sounded horribly lazy to me.
Meanwhile 50 did what 50 does: hypnotic hooks, catchy production, and odes to his gun.

so are 50's rhymes as lazy as ever? I haven't heard one song from Curtis yet that I want to download...

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 251)

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:01 am

Stronger and Can't Tell Me Nothin' are two of my favorite songs right now. Looking forward to hearing the rest of Kanye's album.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 375)

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:00 am

Incredibly childish stupid, and all other synonymous adjectives you want to use, but it make be chuckle

http://www.celebully.com/50-cent-snitch ... -p104.html
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby theclefe » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:58 am

TheA'sFatLeadoffMan wrote:Incredibly childish stupid, and all other synonymous adjectives you want to use, but it make be chuckle

http://www.celebully.com/50-cent-snitch ... -p104.html

Is hilarious an adjective?
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk