Kanye West - Graduation - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Kanye West - Graduation

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Kanye West - Graduation

Postby smoovethug » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:09 am

Ha I was just thinking about making a thread about this. Rap stinks right now and this album is just ok to me. The album is too short, the beats are fine because Kanye is one of the top producers nowadays IMO but none of the beats really WOW me like I expected them to. Big Brother is hands down the best song on it. Drunk and Hot Girls is trash. I've heard Homecoming before and I wish he kept it the way it was before but it's still a good song. I don't like his flow at all on I Wonder. Can't Tell Me Nothin is overrated. Everything I Am is a solid track, laid back solid as is Good Life. Not much really stands out to me though. I hope it will after I give it a few more listens...

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jlm53089 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:51 am

yea isnt it not enough out yet?
I have it on my computer but havent had time to listen to it through yet.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Old_Style » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:03 pm

I heard it over the weekend when I visited my buddy in college. I'm usually not a fan of rap, but I enjoy Kanye's music.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tuff_gong » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:50 pm

I was gonna wait until it came out a week from tomorrow, but I caved in and downloaded it. I really like it though. A nice breath of fresh air from all the terrible ringtone rap music that is played on the radio, mtv, etc.

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby thedude » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:51 pm

It was good, but not great. Glory is good. I also liked Good life and stronger.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bigken117 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:41 pm

I don't have it yet, but my legal iTunes pre-order is in :-D ...mostly because I want him to outsell 50 which I won't buy...

Seriously, rap now does su** I can't take most of it, can't stand the urban station up here in Boston. Kanye is different than standard rap, and I look forward to Graduation more than anything. I've been brushing up on my College Dropout (Best. Album. Ever.) and Late Registration to get me geared. That and his "Throw some D's on it" remix...

Can't tell me nothin is my myspace song, love it...stronger is getting a lot of radio play and I like it, but I hope all that radio play doesn't ruin it like it did Gold Digger...heard Barry Bonds and I was disappointed because I like Kanye and Weezy, was expecting more. I'll definitely post my thoughts when I hear the rest.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Next

Return to General Talk