Collusion!!!! Need Quick Help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Collusion!!!! Need Quick Help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Collusion!!!! Need Quick Help

Postby Nails86 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:51 pm

There is no doubt that collusion took place in this matter, the question is how do I deal with this? I am sitting in first place of my league and I am in 3rd in saves. The 2nd place team and the 3rd pace team are right on my tail. The second place team and the third place team decided to team up. The second place team cannot move up any where in saves so he dropped he closers and alerted the third place team who I am competing with. The third place team immediately picked up the closers and the 2nd place team picked up starters to close the gap in my lead over him in Wins. So if these two teams have their way the 3rd place team will topple me in aves and the second place team will topple me in wins through this bogus move. How do I deal with this? Some league members have suggested kicking them ut or throwing them into last place of this 5X5 roto $ league. What do you guys think???? Thanks
Nails86
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Collusion!!!! Need Quick Help

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:00 pm

it basically worked like a trade and with no waivers i dont really think you can complain all that much.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jimbo OZ » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:40 am

I don't think you can do anything. Neither team has played outside the rules. All you can do is learn from the mistake of not having waivers. Also, don't play dollar leagues with people you don't know/trust.
Jimbo OZ
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sandman042 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:14 am

thats def collusion but it was all legal ... i think u should have waivers in ur league next time ..
sandman042
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Grouperman941 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:52 pm

If there is anything in your league rules about collusion, I think you can jump on this. If collusion is only mentioned regarding trades, you might be stuck, but I agree with Snakes -- they made a phantom 'trade'. I think that could be the 'in'.

This would also be a convenient way around a trade deadline, which you would not allow, so why is this different?

I'd offer for them to reverse the moves or get the boot.

Waivers would have helped, but that does not make it less cheating, IMO.

It is also tough that you are the one being colluded against. You might have to do a league vote or something 'Did these teams break the collusion rule?' and 'Should commish take action?' and see what happens.
Be excellent to each other.
Grouperman941
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby talan37 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:17 am

This is 100% collusion. Had they done it in a real trade, it might have been ok, but passing players back and forth via dropping is collusion if you alert the other player when your dropping players. Two players agreeing together to do this is basically the fantasy definition of collusion in my opinion, and the commish should issue a stern warning to both players about fair play, and reverse any moves made, as well as preventing the two from trading the rest of the way.
Check out my blog at http://www.rotopulse.com for fantasy baseball analysis, injury reports, commissioner info and more. For laughs check out http://www.sportshysterics.com
talan37
College Coach
College Coach

Trivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Return to Commissioner's Corner