The 2007 College Football Thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The 2007 College Football Thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: The 2007 College Football Thread

Postby pdlata » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:43 pm

I am actually pretty confident for our game against Texas at home, especially with Jamal Charles entering the draft.
pdlata
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:09 pm

Tavish wrote:Maybe I'm missing something, but when exactly have the people who have expected Kansas to lose been wrong? That is the benefit of playing a crap schedule, there aren't really any games that they should have lost. The VT game pretty much everyone expected them to lose, even most diehard KU fans. They played well in that game, congrats and like I said you should definitely enjoy it. I would suggest getting a little thicker skin because I'm sure I won't be the only expecting a much different season for KU next year. Hopefully they will surprise me, it certainly made that final game at Arrowhead more intense when both the teams were fighting for the North.

Oh, I don't know, maybe all season? I had Missouri fans telling me for weeks that KU was a fraud who was going to get dominated by VT after the loss. Anybody who was saying that clearly hadn't watched VT at all this season because they were anything but dominant, and those people clearly hadn't recognized the weak nature of the ACC conference. I always maintained that they would play a close game with that team, and maybe even win, which they did. Over the course of the season, KU also always beat everybody they were supposed to beat, which is far more than some of the so-called contenders this year did.

I definitely think KU will be as good next year as they were this year. The hurdle they will have is that half the teams they are playing next season are miles better than they were this year. USF is a big step up from Toledo, TTU is a big step up from Baylor, Texas instead of Texas A&M, OU instead of OSU.

If you assume they will be as good this year as last year, there's no reason to really start predicting losses agaisnt teams like South Florida and Texas Tech. And considering that VT and MU were both great teams this year, teams that KU competed with, there's also no reason to suddenly write off the OU and Texas games as losses either. In fact, I'm not even sure why anybody would be doing such a thing so early.

Probably because I'm a MU fan. It would be pretty silly of me to expect KU to win in that game. Do you expect K-State to beat you? Could KU win? Sure, but you won't see me predicting it. :-b

The question becomes why you even care enough to be predicting our games in January, 7 months before the games have even started, and before we've even seen the final teams. I haven't even bothered to look at MU's schedule yet. One of the weird things about MU fans is they tend to judge their teams' success always in comparison with KUs, and I think it's because of a constant inferiority complex you guys have. Why else would you be making posts on this topic at this time? If you wish to congratulate us, then do it, but don't start making pointless predictions in some kind of attempt to spoil the party.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Tavish » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:31 pm

I appreciate the psychological evaluation and will keep under consideration in my future posts. Since talking about next year seems to bother you so much I will start a thread over in the FFC College section and leave this one for discussion on the 2007 season. Once you are ready to take a look definitely drop in.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:41 pm

Tavish wrote:I appreciate the psychological evaluation and will keep under consideration in my future posts. Since talking about next year seems to bother you so much I will start a thread over in the FFC College section and leave this one for discussion on the 2007 season. Once you are ready to take a look definitely drop in.

It's not talking about next year that bothers me (I have no problem saying that KU could easily finish anywhere as worse as 6-6), it's dealing with MU fans who talk about doing one thing, yet end up doing something completely different.

Congrats on the Cotton Bowl victory BTW...even in the year of your greatest success, KU still found a way to outshine your school.
I love it. :-D
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby Tavish » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:00 pm

mweir145 wrote:
Tavish wrote:I appreciate the psychological evaluation and will keep under consideration in my future posts. Since talking about next year seems to bother you so much I will start a thread over in the FFC College section and leave this one for discussion on the 2007 season. Once you are ready to take a look definitely drop in.

It's not talking about next year that bothers me (I have no problem saying that KU could easily finish anywhere as worse as 6-6), it's dealing with MU fans who talk about doing one thing, yet end up doing something completely different.

Congrats on the Cotton Bowl victory BTW...even in the year of your greatest success, KU still found a way to outshine your school.

So the problem is just that I'm an MU fan? And I'm the one with a complex? :-D

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:04 pm

Tavish wrote:
mweir145 wrote:

So the problem is just that I'm an MU fan? And I'm the one with a complex? :-D

Well, it's only one possible explanation for why you made the post you did. It could of course have been a real attempt at discussion, (although the problem with that hypothesis is that it's pretty stupid to be predicting the outcomes of games 7 months before they start and before we even know the teams, and I'm sure you realize this), but knowing quite a few MU fans, I think the ulterior motive was there.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:31 pm

My God, weir, couldn't you just have gone to York University and saved us from your KU fanaticism? :-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:34 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:My God, weir, couldn't you just have gone to York University and saved us from your KU fanaticism? :-D

Why not U of T? The Blues haven't won in 7 years. :-b
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby Tavish » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:02 pm

mweir145 wrote:Well, it's only one possible explanation for why you made the post you did. It could of course have been a real attempt at discussion, (although the problem with that hypothesis is that it's pretty stupid to be predicting the outcomes of games 7 months before they start and before we even know the teams, and I'm sure you realize this), but knowing quite a few MU fans, I think the ulterior motive was there.

A real attempt at discussion??? From a MU fan??? Of course it wasn't. It was a cleverly crafted (at least I thought it was) attempt to belittle the Jayhawks and their fans to make them realize that 2007 was a complete joke and should be wiped from the record books. Now I figured you would see right through that so I tried to disguise it with a bunch of little compliments like "they beat everyone they were supposed to" and "they played a great game in the Orange Bowl" but you quickly saw through that facade. Realizing my attempt was futile I tried to create an escape route by moving the discussion to a different thread where I could regroup and try again, but your BS sensor was too quick for me. Now I'm left with very few options except to completely rework my attack. I'm not sure where and I'm not sure how, but you better keep your guard up. If I am successful then everyone will understand the true superiority of MU fans over KU.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:20 pm

Tavish wrote:
mweir145 wrote:Well, it's only one possible explanation for why you made the post you did. It could of course have been a real attempt at discussion, (although the problem with that hypothesis is that it's pretty stupid to be predicting the outcomes of games 7 months before they start and before we even know the teams, and I'm sure you realize this), but knowing quite a few MU fans, I think the ulterior motive was there.

A real attempt at discussion??? From a MU fan??? Of course it wasn't. It was a cleverly crafted (at least I thought it was) attempt to belittle the Jayhawks and their fans to make them realize that 2007 was a complete joke and should be wiped from the record books. Now I figured you would see right through that so I tried to disguise it with a bunch of little compliments like "they beat everyone they were supposed to" and "they played a great game in the Orange Bowl" but you quickly saw through that facade. Realizing my attempt was futile I tried to create an escape route by moving the discussion to a different thread where I could regroup and try again, but your BS sensor was too quick for me. Now I'm left with very few options except to completely rework my attack. I'm not sure where and I'm not sure how, but you better keep your guard up. If I am successful then everyone will understand the true superiority of MU fans over KU.

There. Now, doesn't it feel better to have admitted to all that now? :-b

MU fans don't deserve the benefit of the doubt from me. :-D
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk