The 2007 College Football Thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The 2007 College Football Thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The 2007 College Football Thread

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:40 am

(Explicit)(Explicit)(Explicit)(Explicit)(Explicit)(Explicit)(Explicit)(Explicit)(Explicit)(Explicit)(Explicit)

Just finished watching the K-State vs. Auburn game and I need to vent. We were leading by a touchdown and blew it. We left their TE wide open in the endzone on the game winning TD, we let their left side linebacker blow past the left tackle on 3 straight plays, the last of which results in a fumble and a returned touchdown. We had a really soft roughing the punter call. Everything goes to hell in the 4th quarter, this is no way to lose on national tv. And yes, ESPN is still idiotic when calling the game.

Sideline reporter: "He think he injured himself at the end of the 3rd quarter"...with 2:13 left in the 3rd quarter.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: The 2007 College Football Thread

Postby Pablo975 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:48 am

Yeah, KS should have put Auburn away after they went three and out twice in a row (because of the roughing call). I thought they had them then. Course, I'm a Bama fan and just love it when Auburn loses. I'm sure Tuberville had QUITE an earful for the team after that game.

At least we beat the West Carolina School of Calligraphy for Senior Citizens! Roll Tide! :-D

"Ya'll are brutalizing me!" - Ronwell Dobbs
Pablo975
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:28 am

Booty missed a opportunity to pad his stats for the Heisman tonight against Idaho, he had 3 TD's but he threw a pick and only 202 yards on 33 attempts, but hey USC won. Brian Cushing sprained his ankle which really sucks, it's not like USC can't put another talented LB out there, but Cushing was just an absolute stud of a LB sucks and anytime you have talent like that get hurt, but USC has a bye before Nebraska hopefully he'll be healed.

I couldn't stand the commentators, I mean they're suppose to be neutral about the game, but everytime Idaho got a 1st down or did something positive they'd be all like "Hey, good for them they got a first down", or say some other disrespectful stuff like "They should be proud of that possession, it isn't easy to move the ball on this defense(as they punt from USC's 43)", "Well they can't be upset about how their playing(down 21-0), they just are out matched at every position on the field".

Now I'm a USC fan and some of the arrogant things they'd say were true, but please, why do they have to patronize them, they didn't come to be patted on the back for keeping USC under 40 they wanted to win.
Last edited by TheA'sFatLeadoffMan on Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby KCollins1304 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:54 am

I was at virginia tech's opener yesterday afternoon. The pregame tributes and the atmosphere were great, the game itself left a little to be desired of the hokies.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:06 pm

Notre Dame stinks...and they don't have to qualify for a BCS bowl to prove it this time around.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 675)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:09 pm

TheA'sFatLeadoffMan wrote:Booty missed a opportunity to pad his stats for the Heisman tonight against Idaho, he had 3 TD's but he threw a pick and only 202 yards on 33 attempts, but hey USC won. Brian Cushing sprained his ankle which really sucks, it's not like USC can't put another talented LB out there, but Cushing was just an absolute stud of an LB sucks anytime you have talent like that get hurt, but USC has a bye before Nebraska hopefully he'll be healed.

I couldn't stand the commentators, I mean their suppose to be neutral about the game, but everytime Idaho got a 1st down or did something positive they'd be all like "Hey, good for them they got a first down", or say some other disrespectful stuff like "They should be proud of that possession, it isn't easy to move the ball on this defense(as the punt from USC's 43)", "Well they can't be upset about how their playing(down 21-0), they just are out matched at every position on the field".

Now I'm a USC fan and some of the arrogant things they'd say were true, but please, why do they have to patronize them, they didn't come to be patted on the back for keeping USC under 40 they wanted to win.

Oh, how I wish the mighty Appalachian State played SC yesterday. Nothing beats the bloody University of Spoiled Children cry on opening day. :-D
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 675)

Postby pdlata » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:46 pm

KU began their march to the National Championship last night by beating Central Michigan 52-7. ;-7

It was a good win though.
pdlata
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:47 pm

Minnesota lost to Bowling Green at home on a 2-point conversion in OT. Down 21-0 at half to a MAC team and failing to close the game out after holding a late lead. Great start to the Brewster era. :-o

Kudos to GiantsFan14 for the sig.
BlueBandit24
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mugrila » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:17 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:I was at virginia tech's opener yesterday afternoon. The pregame tributes and the atmosphere were great, the game itself left a little to be desired of the hokies.

Yeah, ditto that. I think we'll be ok though; I would much rather play a tough opener than just roll over somebody by 50+ b/c it gives the team a mentality that there is much work to be done on the practice field. I'll hold off judgment on the team until I see how they handle next week; there was so much emotion yesterday it's hard to tell what kind of effect it had on their play.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby davidmarver » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:02 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:Oh, how I wish the mighty Appalachian State played SC yesterday. Nothing beats the bloody University of Spoiled Children cry on opening day. :-D

App State would get obliterated by USC.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk