Lincecum might have next start skipped - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Lincecum might have next start skipped

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Lincecum might have next start skipped

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:15 am

Bochy on with the radio today said that they're considering skipping Lincecum's next start. They're concerned about his innings "creeping up" and thought his arm look tired in his last start. He talked about how Cain and Tim are the future of the team and they need to be careful with both of them as they're so young.

as a Lincecum owner in a keeper league and a Giants fan i'm pretty happy that theyre finally showing some restraint with them in order to keep them healthy
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 429)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Lincecum might have next start skipped

Postby rookies and cream » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:14 am

Maybe Bochy can make these types of announcements on a Sunday next time before we all make weekly line-up decisions. :-t
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 43)

Postby rainman23 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:01 pm

rookies and cream wrote:Maybe Bochy can make these types of announcements on a Sunday next time before we all make weekly line-up decisions. :-t

Yeah, sometimes I wonder where these managers' priorities are...
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Slayer Rules » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:11 pm

Has there been any confirmation of this? Yahoo has no info on this, and he's still scheduled to make his start on Sat......
Slayer Rules
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rookies and cream » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:53 pm

Per rotoworld

In an effort to keep his innings total down, the Giants are planning on skipping Tim Lincecum's next turn in the rotation.
(Updated 8/28/2007)
IMPACT
The Giants are off Thursday, so they could wait until Sept. 4 to use Lincecum again. If they want him to go a full nine or 10 days between starts, then they'll probably give Pat Misch a spot start.

It is also mentioned on Giants official website

Rotation shift? Manager Bruce Bochy hinted that the Giants will give additional rest to Tim Lincecum and perhaps other starting pitchers by juggling the rotation and taking advantage of Thursday's scheduled off-day -- their first since July 30.

While emphasizing that Lincecum's arm is sound, Bochy mentioned the possibility of skipping the prized right-hander for a turn or moving him back in the rotation. Lincecum, 23, has pitched 161 1/3 innings this season -- 130 1/3 for the Giants and 31 in Triple-A -- and the Giants are understandably squeamish about pushing him toward the 200-inning level during his first September as a professional.

Again, I wish these things popped up before the week's beginning. My team really needs wins and Lincecum vs. WAS was a very favorable match-up. Who knows though, there were similar reports about skipping Linc weeks ago, which I followed and got completely screwed b/c he threw 2 gems that week.
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby Slayer Rules » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:29 pm

Thanks R&C - bad news, but at least I know enough in advance to do something about it (fortunately I'm in roto leagues).....
Slayer Rules
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ordinarygenius » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:32 pm

Rotoworld now says the Giants will call up Jonathan Sanchez in order to have Timmay skip a start.

Full text:
"The Giants will recall LHP Jonathan Sanchez to take Tim Lincecum's spot in the rotation and start Saturday's game.
The Giants are having Lincecum skip a start to keep his innings down. Sanchez isn't worth using in fantasy leagues right now."
ordinarygenius
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Danger » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:21 pm

Yahoo:

Aug 29 In order to limit his innings, the Giants are thinking of skipping Lincecum's next turn in the rotation, the San Francisco Chronicle reports.

Recommendation: Although his fastball velocity dipped into the high 80s in his last start Sunday, Lincecum and manager Bruce Bochy said the rookie's pitching arm is fine. The club merely wants to limit his innings in his first season. Lincecum's next scheduled turn is Saturday at Washington. The Giants can expand their roster that day and will promote Jonathan Sanchez from Triple-A Fresno.
RotoWire

Aug 29 Daniel Brown, of insidebayarea.com, reports San Francisco Giants SP Tim Lincecum could be skipped in the rotation, according to manager Bruce Bochy. Lincecum has thrown 130 1/3 innings this season and the team would skip him to keep from overtaxing his arm.
Danger
General Manager
General Manager

Postby cookman » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:25 pm

rookies and cream wrote:Maybe Bochy can make these types of announcements on a Sunday next time before we all make weekly line-up decisions. :-t

Crap. I was really looking forward to the 2 start week. And they have to skip his turn against the Nats? I really was hoping for a W out of that game.
cookman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rookies and cream » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:33 am

Still seeing the words "thinking of", "likely", and "might" in all reports (and we're only 1 day away from Timmy's scheduled start). Further, CBS and Yahoo still have Timmy listed as probable starter. Anybody have anything definitive?
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates