McCann
Kazmir
Bonderman
Harden (annual pick)
Tejada
Many
Derek Lee
Zambrano

Im on board with almost all these guys, with the exception of Kazmir. 10 wins 3.64 and 189 K to this point is basically where I had him, minus a few K to be perfectly honest.

Having Bay, Hafner, Andruw, D. Lee, and Bonderman on my team at one point or another this season, I think I am well versed in all their sucking, and would have to say that Hafner has been by far the worst this season, with Bay in second. I only had Hafner for 3 weeks before unloading him, and it was a painful 3 weeks. He has also done JACK since I dealt him too, while Bay at least homers every now and then when hes not striking out with the bases juiced and no outs. Hafner mostly just grounds out softly 3/4 abs, with maybe a single or something in his other AB. Just horrible for a guy taken in the late first or early second round.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 748)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Biggest disappointment??

Postby buckwild13 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:48 am

how are we missing out on CHRIS CARPENTER, the number 2 pitcher off the board in most leagues and generally in round 2. he pitched one game, and not well....he is hands down the biggest bust....bay, a jones, and hafner are ur contenders for batter bust...but overall carpenter has to be.
buckwild13
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:09 am

Nick Johnson :~(
and
DAVE BUSH (Eric Milton jnr) !+) !+) !+) !+) !+) !!!!!
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 24)

Postby Jimbo OZ » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:49 am

I'm not sure if he is the biggest disappointment but I think he is definately worthy of a mention:

Joe Mauer

He was taken in the 3rd round in my draft. This may have always been a stretch but he probably averaged 4th round in most drafts.

Numbers have dropped across the board. Big disappointment. :-S
Jimbo OZ
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yoda » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:27 am

rjforlife wrote:Im on board with almost all these guys, with the exception of Kazmir. 10 wins 3.64 and 189 K to this point is basically where I had him, minus a few K to be perfectly honest.

2007 Bedard is what I thought Kazmir would be.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Tavish » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:47 am

I'm also surprised there has been no mention of Alex Gordon. His struggles have been downright painful at times. Not exactly a high fantasy pick but was generally considered to be one of the top rookies to have coming out of Spring Training.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby Grounded Polo » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:00 am

I'll take Hafner for biggest dissapointment, drafting Morneau in Round 3 essentially saved my team.

rjforlife wrote:Im on board with almost all these guys, with the exception of Kazmir. 10 wins 3.64 and 189 K to this point is basically where I had him, minus a few K to be perfectly honest.

Kazmir was terrible in the first half, I got tired of his constant bad starts and cut him. It would be nice to have him back but that team also had Oswalt, Zambrano, Webb, Lincecum, and Gallardo while he was great so Kazmir was expendable.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Inukchuk » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:11 pm

buckwild13 wrote:how are we missing out on CHRIS CARPENTER, the number 2 pitcher off the board in most leagues and generally in round 2. he pitched one game, and not well....he is hands down the biggest bust....bay, a jones, and hafner are ur contenders for batter bust...but overall carpenter has to be.

While I'm glad I didn't end up with Carp this year, I don't think he qualifies in this discussion. The dude got hurt. Actually, even by your logic, he's not the biggest "bust." Once he got hurt, you throw him on the DL and pick up a replacement. Say your replacement was Penny, Escobar, or even El Duque. You're in better shape than the guy who passed on Ryan Braun because he thought Hafner was going to eventually bust out and didn't want to burn a roster spot.

I know these are extreme examples, but my point is, I'd much rather know a guy's not going to produce because of an injury (as well as being able to stash him on the DL), then find out slowly over the course of a season...

If nothing else, injured guys usually aren't considered busts anyway...
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:23 pm

buckwild13 wrote:how are we missing out on CHRIS CARPENTER, the number 2 pitcher off the board in most leagues and generally in round 2. he pitched one game, and not well....he is hands down the biggest bust....bay, a jones, and hafner are ur contenders for batter bust...but overall carpenter has to be.

I don't consider injuries to make a player disappointing. Injuries are unfortunate.

Players who play every day and still don't produce are disappointments.

Bust is a whole different word that this thread really isn't touching on.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby sox 06 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:24 pm

Vernon Wells
Derrek Lee
Travis Hafner
Félix Hernández

And those are just guys from my team !+)
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers