Manager needed for serious, low $ partial keeper roto league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Manager needed for serious, low $ partial keeper roto league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Manager needed for serious, low $ partial keeper roto league

Postby Entropicsg@yahoo.com » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:41 am

Hey ya'll...

I've been the commisoner of a Yahoo fantasy league for the past 5 years roughly, and this season one of the managers may need to bail out. So I'm hitting the forums to see if there's anyone out there interested in taking over his team.

About the league:

We play in a partial keeper league - by that, I mean that each team gets to keep up to 5 players from their final roster to carry over into the next season. All the other players get back into the pool. Yahoo obviously doesn't keep track of this, it's something that I manage during the off-season. Most of the managers have been in the league since the beginning, back in '98 or '99. Some of us know eachother as friends outside the league, but all of us respect and enjoy the other managers. The managers take this seriously, of course, but never at the expense of having fun. Players are selected from the entire MLB universe, 25-man rosters. Position breakdowns are: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, UT, UT, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P. Exact scoring categories will be determined later, although it will definitely be more than the standard 5x5 categories. In addition to the usual 5x5 categories, we also may have SLG, OBP, TB, GS, Quality Starts, Holds, and some others. Basically, we try to figure out what categories wold best translate into real success on the bigleague level.

In addition, this is the first season that the league will be a money league. Each manager will need to cough up approximately $25 each. Part of that money will go towards the cost of the Yahoo Premium league, the rest of it will go into a prize pool to be divided up at the end of the season for the top finishers.

You should be willing and able to play out the entire season if you join, regardless of where your team finishes up. The worst thing for a roto league is dead managers, since their teams still continue to effect the roto points even though they haven't bothered to show up. If you join the league, you would inherit a team that the previous manager vacated. From that team's roster, you would be able to select which players you want to keep for the start of the season. I'll explain the rest of it later!

Contact me at mailto:entropicsg@yahoo.com for more information. Thanks, good luck, and hope to hear from you soon. Managers will be spoken to on a first-come, first-serve basis, so hurry up!
Entropicsg@yahoo.com

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby oriolefan » Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:08 pm

I might be interesed if you're still looking. mailto:bucky_t93@hotmail.com
oriolefan
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Classifieds