Fantasy Streakiness - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Fantasy Streakiness

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Fantasy Streakiness

Postby rookies and cream » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:46 pm

Ever notice that fantasy teams seem to be either all good or all bad? Why does this happen? It's not like these guys are actually on the same teams and feed off each other.
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Fantasy Streakiness

Postby bleach168 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:23 am

I've seen fantasy teams that were all good the first 4 months, then all bad the last 2 months. :-D
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:11 pm

Well I think it seems to be this way more than it actually is. Often times, if you lose points a few days in a row, and drop significantly in the standings then reverse it and climb back up, you would think that all your players are doing well or all are playing poorly, however this is not always the case. It has more to do with how close you are in catagories and such.

That being said I do think that teams go through streaks more often than one would expect and this is why:

Most people draft a certain style or look for a certain type of player. For example, a lot of people see late in the year which players are doing really well, and assume those are the best players. Often times, those tend to be second half players, so his team slumps early in the year and goes on a hot streak late in the year. There are also people who depend a lot on young players and rookies. As a result, they often are hot near the beginning when no one has really figured out these young guys, but tail off near the end when the effects of playing a full MLB season for the first or second time in their lives effect these young players.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mike Fetters » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:49 pm

I was 11th and 57 points off first at the AS break. I'm now 3rd and 18 off first.

Atkins, Figgins, Pettitte, Izzy, Burrell, Howard, Bedard and McCann have made the difference. Most of them did nothing before the break.
Mike Fetters
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers