Fat March: When walking is too hard - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Fat March: When walking is too hard

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Fat March: When walking is too hard

Postby theclefe » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:40 pm

I finally got to watch this captivating show tonight. Now my wife makes me watch a ton of cheesy shows, but this one was the worst I've ever seen. In comparison to shows like the Biggest Loser, walking is childsplay. The folks on BL train harder than I do, yet these people complain about walking. I understand it is hard, and I don't want to sound too judgmental, but at some point you need to realize as a viewer that these people are failures. People are making shows about failures.

Still watching. People started clapping because some guy climbed a ladder... a ladder... come on! :-t
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Fat March: When walking is too hard

Postby brewcrew4you » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:35 pm

Clap. Clap. Clap.
brewcrew4you
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:16 am

theclefe wrote:I finally got to watch this captivating show tonight. Now my wife makes me watch a ton of cheesy shows, but this one was the worst I've ever seen. In comparison to shows like the Biggest Loser, walking is childsplay. The folks on BL train harder than I do, yet these people complain about walking. I understand it is hard, and I don't want to sound too judgmental, but at some point you need to realize as a viewer that these people are failures. People are making shows about failures.

Still watching. People started clapping because some guy climbed a ladder... a ladder... come on! :-t

Best. Post. Ever. :-b
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 7)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:26 am

Just flipped the channel and lo and behold, I see what you're saying. :-b

How could you not walk into Philly and NOT have a cheese steak? Especially after a long, long walk. Sheesh, it sounds like they're all on a bloody diet. ;-7

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:59 pm

theclefe wrote:People are making shows about failures.

qft
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby knapplc » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:09 pm

Can't pick on the Blacks, the women, the gays, the drunks, or anyone else anymore it seems.

Thank goodness we still have fat people to crack on! There's nothing to make you feel better about yourself like making fun of those disgusting fatbodies is there?

;-D
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:20 pm

People are making online posts about people making shows about failures.

...and I'm making posts about them.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby theclefe » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:36 am

knapplc wrote:Can't pick on the Blacks, the women, the gays, the drunks, or anyone else anymore it seems.

Thank goodness we still have fat people to crack on! There's nothing to make you feel better about yourself like making fun of those disgusting fatbodies is there?

;-D

I still crack on Hippies and any Christian religion seems open game in the U.S. Also, that woman who had a ton of kids is great to make fun of, especially with that clown car pic.

I challenge someone to point out a reality show with more pitiful contestants doing a less challenging task.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:08 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:Just flipped the channel and lo and behold, I see what you're saying. :-b

How could you not walk into Philly and NOT have a cheese steak? Especially after a long, long walk. Sheesh, it sounds like they're all on a bloody diet. ;-7

Hmmm. Every day for the past 10 years I have NOT walked into Philly and I have NOT had a cheese steak.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby knapplc » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:28 am

theclefe wrote:
knapplc wrote:Can't pick on the Blacks, the women, the gays, the drunks, or anyone else anymore it seems.

;-D

I still crack on Hippies and any Christian religion seems open game in the U.S. Also, that woman who had a ton of kids is great to make fun of, especially with that clown car pic.

I challenge someone to point out a reality show with more pitiful contestants doing a less challenging task.

Don't forget anyone in politics - that'll never go out of style. ;-)

All I'm saying is (and I'll admit I haven't watched this show) is that to make fun of someone because of their physical appearance seems really Third Grade to me, and I would have hoped most of us would be above that by now. Now if they're lazy and whatnot then there's a legitimate reason to denounce them, but simply because a person is fat is no reason to gig them. You know what I mean?

*EDIT* - and just so we're clear, if that's not what you or anyone else is doing in this thread then I apologize for overreacting. ;-)
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to General Talk