A. Soriano returning Tuesday? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

A. Soriano returning Tuesday?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A. Soriano returning Tuesday?

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:20 pm

From Rotoworld:
Out since August 5, Alfonso Soriano (quadriceps) said it was possible he could play in Tuesday's series opener against the Brewers.

"Basically, he looks good," manager Lou Piniella said. "Originally we thought around the first of September, Labor Day weekend. So he's a bit ahead of schedule. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he's in the lineup on Tuesday." Monitor his health over the next day - it sounds like he'll be a good play for week 22.Aug. 26 - 9:27 am et
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: A. Soriano returning Tuesday?

Postby ChoneJohn » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:30 pm

Apparently....

From Rotoworld:

The Cubs are planning to activate Alfonso Soriano for Tuesday's game against the Brewers.

Soriano will return as the everyday leadoff hitter, with Ryan Theriot like to resume batting second. Matt Murton stands to lose most of his playing time and might even be sent down to open up a spot on the roster for Soriano. Aug. 26 - 7:32 pm et
Go Tigers!
ChoneJohn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wildbill » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:02 pm

You might want to consider leaving him on the bench for the first game. The listed SP is Jeff Suppan and Sorinao only has a career .233 BA (7 hits, 30 AB) and .558 OPS, with no HR against him. 30 AB is a pretty decent sample size.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:57 pm

Here in Chi-town, word around town is that Soriano WILL be batting lead-off on Tuesday per Sweet Lou.
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby jorwoods » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:13 pm

wildbill wrote:You might want to consider leaving him on the bench for the first game. The listed SP is Jeff Suppan and Sorinao only has a career .233 BA (7 hits, 30 AB) and .558 OPS, with no HR against him. 30 AB is a pretty decent sample size.

no offense but i doubt anyone is going to want their first round pick sitting out after already missing several games. it's the last week before playoffs for most leagues, it's do or die time!
^^thanks to Snakes Gould!
jorwoods
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wildbill » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:22 am

jorwoods wrote:
wildbill wrote:You might want to consider leaving him on the bench for the first game. The listed SP is Jeff Suppan and Sorinao only has a career .233 BA (7 hits, 30 AB) and .558 OPS, with no HR against him. 30 AB is a pretty decent sample size.

no offense but i doubt anyone is going to want their first round pick sitting out after already missing several games. it's the last week before playoffs for most leagues, it's do or die time!
I left him on my DL for yesterday and good thing I did, he went 0 for 4, which was rather predictable given the circumstances. Now if you are in a weekly league I could see having him active for the whole week. Also, what makes you think "most" leagues have playoffs? Do you have hard data to back up that claim? I thought playoffs were only in H2H leagues? I played one of those last year and the playoffs pretty much suck (IMO) the way they work. That was the first and last time I ever played or ever will play that format.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates