100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I need your advice...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: I need your advice...

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:17 am

Art Vandelay wrote:
Madison wrote:
Spiegepj wrote:AKA she was nothing before she met me.

Surely you don't mean that the way it sounds...if so, no offense, but I can see why she doesn't want to be your woman.

That stood out to me as well.

Anyway, my advice would be to just be yourself and do whatever comes naturally. There's no reason to pretend that you're not upset about her breaking up with you out of the blue, but you shouldn't go out of your way to make her life hell.

I agree with both of you on all counts.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Spiegepj » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:16 pm

Madison wrote:

Surely you don't mean that the way it sounds...if so, no offense, but I can see why she doesn't want to be your woman.

I understand where your coming from. But I did nothing but treat her nicely. Before we started dating she called me because all the people she thought were her friends no longer liked her. She was going to transfer. Then I told her I would introduce her to my friends and now she has kind of taken over. And I feel in the dump. I went out of my way to make her life better and all she does is break me heart.
Spiegepj
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:25 pm

Spiegepj wrote:
Madison wrote:

I understand where your coming from. But I did nothing but treat her nicely. Before we started dating she called me because all the people she thought were her friends no longer liked her. She was going to transfer. Then I told her I would introduce her to my friends and now she has kind of taken over. And I feel in the dump. I went out of my way to make her life better and all she does is break me heart.

Then tell her that, less the "you were nothing before you met me".
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:42 pm

I want to officially change my advice.

I think you should definitely go with the "You were nothing before you met me," but only if you're yelling it over the phone while drunk at like 3am while preferably sobbing.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:01 pm

Spiegepj wrote:
Madison wrote:

Well something to remember is everybody is somebody. You may not have thought of her as popular, the most attractive, or whatever, but she was still somebody before you saved the day. ;-) Heck, you fell for her, didn't you? ;-)

Anyway, Art and Lo have said it the best. Just be yourself and be honest with her. If that doesn't get the results you want, then move on as life is long and full of adventures. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby dclark0699 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:22 pm

My best friend now is a girl I dated for a short time and we decided we worked better as friends. It was three years ago that we dated and breaking up was one of the best things that ever hapened to me. Though I didn't think so at the time. If you really truely care about the person, you'll take the hit of just being friends. Sure it took me a while to get over it...but once I did....I found that friends was a much better situation for us. I've never looked back. She is the first person I call when I need to talk to and vice versa. Friends lasts forever....who knows how long anything else would last. So if you really like her, give being friends a shot...it might surprise you.
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby stevethumb » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:32 pm

please heed my motto, "BE NICE"----works every time---you will feel better about yourself and others will admire your attitude
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:47 am

Have you asked her why she thought you two are better off as just friends? Whatever the case, you should have a serious talk about where you see yourselves going forward. Friends, should after all, talk about the serious things as well.

It's harsh to say/think that she was nothing without you because as Mad alluded to, you have to realize that she touched your life for the good as well. Why else would you want to go steady with her in the first place? By the same token, you could've started out with nothing before you entered into a relationship with her to some extent as well.

It's perfectly fine to go your own way and be done with it. Under some circumstances, the wounds can be so deep as to not renewing a friendship with her, but the best way is to be civil about it. If you feel betrayed because of the situation you described, then all the more reason to get over it, I think.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Y`s Guy » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:42 pm

I second what Pablo said.

If this girl wasn't your first girlfriend then move on and enjoy the upcoming school year. If she was then yeah, it will be tough for a bit. Avoid her for a while just to keep your sanity. Hang with others and then you'll meet someone else.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 275)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Previous

Return to General Talk