What's wrong with my Gateway monitor? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What's wrong with my Gateway monitor?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What's wrong with my Gateway monitor?

Postby Sticky Spice » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:14 pm

In March of 2006 my wife and I bought matching computers with matching Gateway FPD2185W monitors.

The monitors only had one-year warranties, and in April 2007 my wife's monitor had a major problem. When we woke up, the screen was black, as though it was turned off. The blue light was still on.

We've tried just about everything to narrow down that it is her monitor that has the problem.

Any idea what this could be?

I called Gateway and argued in an attempt to get them to fix it. I got nowhere and they just referred me to their retail service dept - which you have to pay for.

Any strategy for how I can get them to fix it?

Thanks!
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 39)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What's wrong with my Gateway monitor?

Postby Madison » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:31 pm

I seriously doubt they will fix it on their own nickel 4 months after the fact. :-?

I'm sure you've tried turning everything off, unplugging everything, and then plugging everything back in, right?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Sticky Spice » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:55 am

Correct, since we have matching computers it was easy to determine that the monitor was the problem. My monitor worked with her cords, and her dead monitor did not work using my known-to-be-working cords.

SInce it sounds like getting Gateway to pay for it is out, any idea what my problem is and if it's worth fixing? We love our monitors and sure paid a lot to only get a year out of one of 'em.
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 39)

Postby Madison » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:00 am

Sticky Spice wrote:Correct, since we have matching computers it was easy to determine that the monitor was the problem. My monitor worked with her cords, and her dead monitor did not work using my known-to-be-working cords.

SInce it sounds like getting Gateway to pay for it is out, any idea what my problem is and if it's worth fixing? We love our monitors and sure paid a lot to only get a year out of one of 'em.

Nice way to be able to narrow down the problem. ;-D

As to the monitor, I don't know. Maybe PM acsguitar. He knows about lots of computer stuff, so maybe he's got some idea(s). ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Return to General Talk