Patton/Liz/Buckner - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Patton/Liz/Buckner

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Patton/Liz/Buckner

Postby AEMRICH » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:42 pm

heads up these guys are being called up. Radhames liz is supposed to pitch Saturday, Patton i believe also and i don't know the deal with KC and Billy Buckner maybe he will be used in relief. Thoughts on these guys? Patton i believe is supposed to be a solid #3 while Liz could be a potential closer in the future, and i don't know much about Buckner
College Tuition: $12,000
Room & Board: $5,600
Books: $500
Food Plan: $2000
Not going to college and living with your parents: Priceless
AEMRICH
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Patton/Liz/Buckner

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:20 am

AEMRICH wrote:heads up these guys are being called up. Radhames liz is supposed to pitch Saturday, Patton i believe also and i don't know the deal with KC and Billy Buckner maybe he will be used in relief. Thoughts on these guys? Patton i believe is supposed to be a solid #3 while Liz could be a potential closer in the future, and i don't know much about Buckner

Yeah, Patton is very polished but lacks upside. Buckner is quite old and with the Royals rotation looking somewhat crowded for the next year and thereafter I believe Buckner might settle nicely in a long relief role. Liz is the crapshoot. He could be an ace starter, a stud closer, or never harness his control in the majors. He was thought to be a relief guy in the majors until this year in the minors where he pitched great starting and dealt with his control. He's sorta like Zumaya with less velocity and less control.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 115)

Postby J35J » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:08 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
AEMRICH wrote:heads up these guys are being called up. Radhames liz is supposed to pitch Saturday, Patton i believe also and i don't know the deal with KC and Billy Buckner maybe he will be used in relief. Thoughts on these guys? Patton i believe is supposed to be a solid #3 while Liz could be a potential closer in the future, and i don't know much about Buckner

Yeah, Patton is very polished but lacks upside. Buckner is quite old and with the Royals rotation looking somewhat crowded for the next year and thereafter I believe Buckner might settle nicely in a long relief role. Liz is the crapshoot. He could be an ace starter, a stud closer, or never harness his control in the majors. He was thought to be a relief guy in the majors until this year in the minors where he pitched great starting and dealt with his control. He's sorta like Zumaya with less velocity and less control.

Yup, very well said, I agree!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 398)

Postby stealthdevil » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:35 pm

I wouldn't get my hopes up on any of these guys.
stealthdevil
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Minor League & College Baseball