Sick of Crazy offers??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sick of Crazy offers???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby moose » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:01 pm

Ron Badger wrote:Most of the trade offers I have gotten over the years in Yahoo leagues are like this. Say I have A-Rod, I am offered an abundance of lower tier players like say Durazo, Encarnation, and a 4th or 5th pitcher like Redding. I guess that the guy thinks that me getting three late round drafted players, for my first rounder is a good deal, but he is really hopeing that I am stupid.

Thats why Yahoo public leagues suck so badly. They are filled with high school kids that think evryone is as young and stupid as they are. :-t
moose
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Over-reacting

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:55 am

I think you guys are seriously overacting, everyone in a trade is trying to get the better deal, and the initial offer is the most unbalanced of all. I am more suspicious of the more even trades and often check health reports and the like before I accept these. And if you don't make an attempt to trade in a way that helps your team I don't see how everyone wins as consistently as they imply. For instance, two years ago, in a public yahoo team, I traded Lance Berkman straight up for Randy Johnson. At the time Berkman was leading the league in home runs and RBI and R.J. had just been shelled two of the last three starts of the year. Randy went on to post one of the most impressive second halves in recent memory and Berkman went back to his usual above-average, but not great self. This ended up being the most lopsided trade I ever participated in and at the time Berkman was O-Ranked and Ranked significantly higher than R.J. On the other side of the coin I have taken trades that you guys are dumping and wound up getting the better deal.

P.S. This team wound up spending most of the year in the number one overall spot on yahoo.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers