Fantasy Football Draft Help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Fantasy Football Draft Help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Fantasy Football Draft Help

Postby pokerplaya » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:05 pm

Bulger is off the board...almost picked him before Smith, but whatcha gonna do...I admittedly don't know what the hell I'm doing hahaha
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pokerplaya » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:06 pm

Scratch that...Brees/Mcnabb/Bulger/Gates all picked...

Any ideas, I'm clueless..
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pokerplaya » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:11 pm

I'm def getting ripped for the Smith pick...
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Postby pokerplaya » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:26 pm

Lesson learned: when you haven't done a FF league in 5 years - do a mock first!

The QB run was HUGE and devastating. I should have taken Bulger instead of one of my WR's. In any event: my first 5 picks -

1. Tomlinson
2. Holt
3. S. Smith
4. McCallister
5. T. Gonzalez
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Postby pokerplaya » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:40 pm

6. Ahman Green
7. Matt Leinhart
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:01 pm

Is the Light side down, pokerplaya? ;-7

I actually like the Holt and Smith picks. Anyone better at RB than Deuce in the 4th round? I think he's an injury liability, but I think he'll still get his 10-12 TD's when healthy sharing time with Reggie Bush. Not too crazy about Gonzo just because the last couple of seasons him being ballyhooed as a red zone threat wasn't worth the pick especially with LJ running the show. I actually like Heap over Gonzo. I've been burned by Ahman Green a few times, but hopefully a return to form is in the cards for him. Leinart could be a good value pick with the kind of WR corps he has at his disposal.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 623)

Postby pokerplaya » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:02 pm

I took another WR/RB with 8/9, and I intend on taking Turner b/c I have Tomlinson...what should I do with the last pick? Back up to Leinart in case he doesnt pan out?
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Postby pokerplaya » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:04 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:Is the Light side down, pokerplaya? ;-7

I actually like the Holt and Smith picks. Anyone better at RB than Deuce in the 4th round? I think he's an injury liability, but I think he'll still get his 10-12 TD's when healthy sharing time with Reggie Bush. Not too crazy about Gonzo just because the last couple of seasons him being ballyhooed as a red zone threat wasn't worth the pick especially with LJ running the show. I actually like Heap over Gonzo. I've been burned by Ahman Green a few times, but hopefully a return to form is in the cards for him. Leinart could be a good value pick with the kind of WR corps he has at his disposal.

Like I said, I didn't really know what I was doing. I was considering Heap over Gonzo, but I'm still stuck in fantasy land from 5 years ago the last time I played. The RB run was pretty strong, so Duece was in my opinion, the best option left, but I'm probably wrong so...hahaha.

In any event, I definitely think I mucked up the draft, but seeing as how I'm a casual fan at best, I don't really know for sure.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:08 pm

pokerplaya wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:Is the Light side down, pokerplaya? ;-7

Like I said, I didn't really know what I was doing. I was considering Heap over Gonzo, but I'm still stuck in fantasy land from 5 years ago the last time I played. The RB run was pretty strong, so Duece was in my opinion, the best option left, but I'm probably wrong so...hahaha.

In any event, I definitely think I mucked up the draft, but seeing as how I'm a casual fan at best, I don't really know for sure.

Yeah, I really don't care about football. I just glanced at the mock drafts for a minute and I'll join a draft for the heck of it in a couple of hours.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 623)

Postby Jimboozie » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:07 pm

Jimboozie wrote:Most important thing is to DO YOUR HOMEWORK!

pp wrote:Lesson learned: when you haven't done a FF league in 5 years - do a mock first!

:-b :*)

Post your entire roster. People were giving you crap for the Steve Smith pick? Don't listen to them, they're either messing with you or they're idiots themselves. Smith is a great pick at 3.01.
Jimboozie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk