Salty... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Salty...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Salty...

Postby Richie Rich » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:23 pm

another homer tonight wooh!
C:Sandoval 1B:Teixeira 2B:Ramirez 3B:Huff SS:Rollins OF:Crawford OF:Markakis OF:Kemp U:Holliday U:Morneau B: Werth DL: Lowell
SP Billingsley Shields Verlander Lackey Romero Hughes
RP Cordero Bell Bailey Francisco
DL Dempster
Richie Rich
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wildbill » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:30 pm

skapur20 wrote:awww i hurt his feelings.
Think that one up by yourself? Color me impressed.

skapur20 wrote:i dont know whose "insult" i stole
Ok, at the very least it was incredibly unoriginal. Anyway, I don't really care about about an unoriginal, overused grade school insult. What was annoying was getting bashed for trying to be helpful and point someone in the right direction. Did I tell him he had to go post it there? No. Did I tell him he was and idiot for posting in the wrong forum? No. Did I curse like mad at him? Curse at all at him? No and No. In what crazy manner did you twist it into a negative tone? Don't you know what BTW means? It means, By The Way, which carries a passive, afterthought, nudging kind of tone. It was definitely a passive helpful tone and you bit my head off for it. Are you saying it is wrong to try and point someone new to the correct forum in any way shape or form? Who's acting like a MOD now?

skapur20 wrote:i wouldnt have said anything if you said ANYTHING remotely related to the topic. you came in here and posted just to make that guy feel stupid about posting in this forum. you didnt say a word about Salty
Wow, I can't believe I actually have to explain this further but here goes. The Original post was in reference to Salty having a good day. My reply was "Um everyone on the team is hitting everything today. I wouldn't write too much into it just yet. " It shouldn't take a rocket scientist or even a 5th grader to realize I was downplaying what Salty did in the game because virtually everyone on the team was having a good day. Just who did you think I was referring to when the subject of the thread said Salty? Pee Wee Herman? How is that not on topic of the original post? Are you really telling me you couldn't add 1 + 1?

skapur20 wrote:Satly is nothing even near a fantasy "irrelevant" player. any savy fantasy baseball manager would know that. especially for guys in keeper and dynasty leagues.
At the time of the original post and my reply yesterday, he seemed pretty fantasy irrelevant until the start of his hot streak just 6 days before. He'd been hitting under .200 since moving to Texas and he wasn't that good in Atlanta either. I'm not denying he has upside and I don't think I ever did deny that. Also I never felt the discussion was geared toward future seasons, where I agree he has a lot more fantasy relevance, so I was not commenting on that. Given that, 1 week doesn't guarantee this is what you'll see the rest of the season. He could easily go 2 for 20 over the next week. By all means, ride the hot streak while it lasts, but until I see more then a single good week I will not be convinced there's no looking back. That's all there is to my point. A good fantasy owner should realize young players, especially rookies can have big ups and downs and be very inconsistent.

wildbill wrote:but to think this is what you'll get from now on..yeah way to soon to say that.
skapur20 wrote:whoever said that?
Too me it seemed as though it was implied by your tone and that of the original poster. If you didn't mean to imply that then why are you arguing against that?

skapur20 wrote:i dont go around and make people feel bad about posting in the wrong place without even talking about the subject.
I already covered this but to sum up, you had a problem adding 1+ 1. I hope that's cleared up for you now or do I need to do the "see Spot run" version?

skapur20 wrote:who are you to tell anyone here what to do?
I haven't told anyone to do anything. I tried to give a helpful nudge in the right direction, but again where did I say he had to go post there?

skapur20 wrote:but doesnt even comment on the guy he posted about.
Hmm, a sense a pattern here, maybe I do need to give you the "see spot run" version.

skapur20 wrote:im done with this thread you ruined.
You've only got yourself to blame for that. You're the one who wrote an abusive response when all I did was try to downplay what Salty did in the game as it applied to the season, and then as an afterthough with "BTW," try to point someone in the direction of the proper forum for this kind of post. Who died and made you the police of who's allowed to help other people?
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby skapur20 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:10 pm

wow i really hurt your feelings.

im sorry man

salty sucks. you win 8-o
ummm lets go angels? :)
skapur20
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Marvelous Merv » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:46 pm

Detro76 wrote:I do believe helping a guy out and/or pointing them in the right direction is ok, but sometimes that gets way out of hand on this site.

I have to agree - I probably belong to a dozen different forums running on the same type platform as Fantasy Baseball Cafe and I have to say this is the most humorless forum that I belong to. I get what I want from it, but I have learned to ask a question, make a point, and get the hell out - there is little or no tolerance for anything else.
Marvelous Merv
College Coach
College Coach

Postby prricci » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:08 pm

Shut up...you guys whine more than my 2 year old. :~( :-P %-6

Thick skin gents.
prricci
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wildbill » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:56 pm

prricci wrote:Shut up...you guys whine more than my 2 year old. :~( :-P %-6

Thick skin gents.
I just got a huge shipment of cheese from the cheese of the month club, I could use some more whine to go with it. :-D
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:47 am

Calm down guys. :-°
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates