Salty... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Salty...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Salty...

Postby TheBigEasy » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:05 pm

'bout time you showed up!!!! 5 runs, 2 hr's, & 7rbi's!!!!

Sorry. Just excited I finally got some production out of a catcher!
TheBigEasy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Salty...

Postby wildbill » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:22 pm

Um everyone on the team is hitting everything today. I wouldn't write too much into it just yet. BTW doesn't think belong in the "Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting?" forum?
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby skapur20 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:30 pm

wildbill wrote:Um everyone on the team is hitting everything today. I wouldn't write too much into it just yet. BTW doesn't think belong in the "Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting?" forum?

who really cares? are your panties gonna get bunched up because he didnt post this in the "appropriate" forum??

that said its great to see this out of salty. been waiting for this since i first saw the name i couldnt pronunce and all the hype that came after. glad to see hes getting used to the bigs and the aftermath of the trade.

and yea it is okay to "write too much into it" cause thats 4 HRs in 5 games for Salty
ummm lets go angels? :)
skapur20
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TheBigEasy » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:33 pm

skapur20 wrote:
wildbill wrote:Um everyone on the team is hitting everything today. I wouldn't write too much into it just yet. BTW doesn't think belong in the "Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting?" forum?

who really cares? are your panties gonna get bunched up because he didnt post this in the "appropriate" forum??

that said its great to see this out of salty. been waiting for this since i first saw the name i couldnt pronunce and all the hype that came after. glad to see hes getting used to the bigs and the aftermath of the trade.

and yea it is okay to "write too much into it" cause thats 4 HRs in 5 games for Salty

Thanks bro....some people just aren't nice. It's appreciated.
TheBigEasy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ctt8410 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:47 pm

I can relate. In my points league, Salty more than doubled the number of points he 's scored for me since being traded to the Rangers in 1/2 of a doubleheader.
ctt8410
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wildbill » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:24 am

skapur20 wrote:who really cares? are your panties gonna get bunched up because he didnt post this in the "appropriate" forum??
Wow, how pathetic is it that you had to borrow someone else's insult and couldn't come up with one of your own? It was just a general observation. It wasn't like I was making a big deal about it and then you have to start ripping peoples heads off with unoriginal, borrowed insults. The guy has only been posting a couple weeks, it was meant to be helpful and point him in the right direction. Why else do you think think I wrote with a soft tone in the form of a question? Then for some reason you decided to be an a#% about it. You think I would have bothered with an opinion on the topic or waited until the end if I was trying to blast him for posting to the wrong forum? I think you just like to hear yourself throw around other peoples insults so you can pretend to you're a big manly man or something.

skapur20 wrote:and yea it is okay to "write too much into it" cause thats 4 HRs in 5 games for Salty
You're entitled to your opinion, but I think it's wrong. I suppose you're going to grab Garrett Anderson or Yadier Molina and plug then into our everyday lineup too? They've been hot the last couple games too. Even fantasy irrelevant players and has-beens can have a scorching hot week, so I think its absolutely too soon to write too much into it. While Salty has the ability to become very fantasy relevant the point is I think you have to wait until he sustains this for more then a couple of days. You could say it's encouraging, but to think this is what you'll get from now on..yeah way to soon to say that.

TheBigEasy wrote:Thanks bro....some people just aren't nice.
So you're thanking the guy for being an a#% when I was just trying to be helpful and point you in the right direction? Yeah I guess you're right you must not be very nice either to support a reply like that when I was trying to be helpful. Don't worry I won't try to help you out again.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby skapur20 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:39 pm

awww i hurt his feelings. im sorry little guy..

i dont know whose "insult" i stole but i guess since you been here for about a whole 2 months you know everything single thing thats been said on the board ;-D

You think I would have bothered with an opinion on the topic or waited until the end if I was trying to blast him for posting to the wrong forum?

i wouldnt have said anything if you said ANYTHING remotely related to the topic. you came in here and posted just to make that guy feel stupid about posting in this forum. you didnt say a word about Salty and the great game he had. HEY last time i checked YOUR NOT A MOD. so pull ya panties out from ya a$$(see look i can cuss too!!! yay!) and relax.

I suppose you're going to grab Garrett Anderson or Yadier Molina and plug then into our everyday lineup too?

yeah cause those are highly touted switch hitting top catching prospects. :-?

Satly is nothing even near a fantasy "irrelevant" player. any savy fantasy baseball manager would know that. especially for guys in keeper and dynasty leagues. In 47 games(141 at bats) in Atlanta, Salty hit a grand total of 4 bombs. In the last 5 games hes matched that with Texas. but of course, that means nothing right?? nothing to you...

but to think this is what you'll get from now on..yeah way to soon to say that.

whoever said that? id HOPE to get that from him. but ill be happy if the guy can hit 300, cause at least that something to forward to in 08 while i wait for the power to develop

I think you just like to hear yourself throw around other peoples insults so you can pretend to you're a big manly man or something.

pretty much man. you got me dead on. congrats ;-D ;-D do yourself a favor and check out some of my posts. i dont go around and make people feel bad about posting in the wrong place without even talking about the subject.

So you're thanking the guy for being an a#% when I was just trying to be helpful and point you in the right direction? Yeah I guess you're right you must not be very nice either to support a reply like that when I was trying to be helpful. Don't worry I won't try to help you out again.

who are you to tell anyone here what to do? again, your NOT a mod, its NOT your job. so relax. and like you said yourself. the guy is new. hasnt posted alot. the last thing he needs when he starts maybe his first or second thread is somebody telling him that he not only posted in the wrong forum, but doesnt even comment on the guy he posted about.

im done with this thread you ruined. any mods seeing this or reading this can you guys jus shut this down. this guy turned a thread that was possibly placed in the wrong forum(no big deal though, how many times a day does that happen..) into a personal thing and high jacked the thread from salty to this. yeah i guess one rant doesnt deserve another, but hey, i was bored and im gonna defend not only me but the big easy as well
ummm lets go angels? :)
skapur20
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sportsguy138 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:36 pm

i wouldnt have said anything if you said ANYTHING remotely related to the topic. you came in here and posted just to make that guy feel stupid about posting in this forum. you didnt say a word about Salty and the great game he had. HEY last time i checked YOUR NOT A MOD. so pull ya panties out from ya a$$(see look i can cuss too!!! yay!) and relax.

It's recommended to help out the mods and make people realize where the right place to post a topic is. The mods are great here, but any help that they can get helps them out. There's no need to start bashing him and the same thing the other way around.

I think you just like to hear yourself throw around other peoples insults so you can pretend to you're a big manly man or something.

who are you to tell anyone here what to do? again, your NOT a mod, its NOT your job. so relax. and like you said yourself. the guy is new. hasnt posted alot. the last thing he needs when he starts maybe his first or second thread is somebody telling him that he not only posted in the wrong forum, but doesnt even comment on the guy he posted about.

That's why it's a good thing to tell people where the right topic should be posted since he is new. If we let a bunch of threads ride around in the wrong forum, this forum could turn into a mess. If he learns this time, then it won't happen again, same with other threads that people post.

Play nice. ;-D
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 405)

Postby Detro76 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:12 pm

edited duplicate message
Last edited by Detro76 on Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Saw your wife last night. Great little dancer. That guy she was with? I'm sure he's a close personal friend, but tell me, what was he doing with her panties on his head?- Jake Taylor - Major League
Detro76
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Detro76 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:14 pm

Guys I'm a long-time member of one of the most renowned and respected boards in sports (SoSH) and this kind of bickering would not be tolerated.

There is no thread policing allowed (other than by the mods) and certainly bashing for the sake of bashing isn't generally tollerated either. Come with a point, make it and leave it at that. Grow up.

I do believe helping a guy out and/or pointing them in the right direction is ok, but sometimes that gets way out of hand on this site.

BTW - I do believe Salty is very relevant especially now that we are entering the latter stages of the season and he is getting considerable playing time. He's a catcher after all, and most of the catchers out there are wearing down...Salty may provide someone with a nice spark and I'm watching him closely.
'Saw your wife last night. Great little dancer. That guy she was with? I'm sure he's a close personal friend, but tell me, what was he doing with her panties on his head?- Jake Taylor - Major League
Detro76
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates