Destination: Tampa Bay? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Destination: Tampa Bay?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Destination: Tampa Bay?

Postby RocketsDWM » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:17 pm

Schilling has already begun to mull over where he might end up next season. When asked if he would go to Tampa, he said that is a very good possibility.

Article below:

http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view.bg?articleid=1018399&format=&page=1

If he was pitching well and not 40 yrs old, then I wouldnt have a problem with him speaking about this. But right now he is throwing 86 mph BP fastballs that are being hammered.

So what teams could use him? Do you he could fit in on your favorite team? Keep in mind he is very out spoken and will probably demand top dollar (see FA market).

For the Red Sox, I just dont see it. Clay Buchholz should be a mainstay next year along with Beckett, Wake, Lester, Dice-K.
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Destination: Tampa Bay?

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:27 pm

Lord, I hope that Sternberg doesn't spend the money he is talking about spending this offseason on Schilling. Please find another player to spend the money on.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jswede » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:35 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:Schilling has already begun to mull over where he might end up next season. When asked if he would go to Tampa, he said that is a very good possibility.

"Good possibility" as in "it's possible", and if that happened that would be "good" in the eyes of Schilling. Not as in "good chance of happening". Your paraphrasing is causing some confusion.
jswede
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RocketsDWM » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:53 pm

jswede wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:Schilling has already begun to mull over where he might end up next season. When asked if he would go to Tampa, he said that is a very good possibility.

"Good possibility" as in "it's possible", and if that happened that would be "good" in the eyes of Schilling. Not as in "good chance of happening". Your paraphrasing is causing some confusion.

I meant to include what he said on WEEI (a Boston sports radio station). From what I heard, he was raving about Tampa Bay and said he wouldnt mind going there.
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Return to Baseball Leftovers