Harden - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Harden

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Harden

Postby rotoquest » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Rich Harden, SP OAK
News: The Athletics placed infielder Donnie Murphy on the 15-day DL with a strained rib cage muscle and moved right-hander Rich Harden (strained right shoulder) from the 15-day DL to the 60-day DL. Harden, sidelined since July 12 because of a strained shoulder, is now throwing from 140 feet at Oakland's spring training facility in Arizona.
Analysis: Harden will try to start some games before the end of the season, which makes him a DL stashee in deeper leagues. It's likely any games he starts before the end of the season are limited to five or six innings, but he can (could, maybe, pray for him to be?) be effective in those starts.
CBSSportsline

Wow, makes you want to run to pick him up huh!
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 193)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Harden

Postby Big Hurt CPOY 06 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:57 pm

I wouldn't count on it.

The guy should take it really slow and take time off if necessary because whatever he's been doing for the past 3 years isn't working.
Big Hurt CPOY 06
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sportsguy138 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:57 am

I really don't know what they should do with this guy anymore. It's really too bad that he's so injury prone. Now with names such as Wood and Prior really sucks. This is the second year in a row I've drafted him (this year for a cheap draft pick though) and have been screwed over both times, very well knowing what kind of risk I was getting. Unfortunately I didn't sell him high when I could have. That being said, would it really be a big surprise seeing this guy in the bullpen? Limits the amount of innings thrown and might actually keep him healthy for a bit longer.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 403)

Postby wildbill » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:06 pm

I'm about to free up my DL spot with Soriano due back, there's really no one else worth stashing there so maybe I'll pick him up. Unless you have an empty or soon to be empty DL spot with no better choices to fill it you probably shouldn't bother with him.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby JTWood » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:54 pm

Can he become an outfielder?
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby shasty mcnasty » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:32 am

haha, somehow i feel better with there being a thread with his name on it in this forum. it's just not right that he should leave us for so long, just staying quietly on the dl, with no positive updates about how he's feeling good again, and how he's been cleared to throw from this or that distance, or how he might be on some sort of schedule (that will be immediately pushed back) for a rehab start, blah blah blah blah... !+)
shasty mcnasty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: enjoying another beautiful day in southwest Michigan

Postby shasty mcnasty » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:46 am

haha, how did i know this would be coming?
Per rotowire:
Aug 28 Harden (shoulder) threw 25 pitches from the mound on Monday, the team's web site reports.
Recommendation: Throwing from the mound is one of the final hurdles to clear, usually followed by a simulated game or brief rehab assignment. Harden feels that the A's rushed him back earlier this year, so expect a slightly more conservative schedule this time around but the chances of Harden returning this season continue to increase.
shasty mcnasty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: enjoying another beautiful day in southwest Michigan

Return to Injuries & Player Updates