Rate these Prospects - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Rate these Prospects

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate these Prospects

Postby Amatter32 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:26 am

Any of these interest you? Any guesses at projections or ETA? I picked these guys up as fliers really, could possibly show up on Top 100 lists next winter.

Hanson, Tommy (P-Atl)
Johnson, Cody (OF-Atl)
Plouffe, Trevor (SS-Min)
Gomez, Hector (SS-Col)
Blanks, Kyle (1B-SD)
Amatter32
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate these Prospects

Postby J35J » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:10 am

Hanson, Tommy (P-Atl) - So far so good....his BB rate is going up with each level he goes up which needs to be fixed but he has a good SO rate and so far keeps a decent hit rate. He could stand to get more ground balls but like I said, so far so good.

Johnson, Cody (OF-Atl) - Showing some decent pop but still very young in Rookie Ball. Does have a high SO rate but has plenty of time to work on that. Quite a ways away from any MLB appearances.

Plouffe, Trevor (SS-Min) - Ehhh, not alot here that I see. Look elsewhere, IMHO.

Gomez, Hector (SS-Col) - Still very young but shows solid tools. Someone to keep an eye on but he's also quite a ways away from any MLB time.

Blanks, Kyle (1B-SD) - Decent pop with a little bit of speed to go along with it. Doesn't seem to be someone that stands out as a firstbasemen though. I've kept an eye on him the last year or two but he has yet to stand out "above and beyond".

Alot of young guys who won't see time before 2010 I'd imagine, maybe Blanks has a chance to see a few ABs in '09 but nothing that will help a fantasy team at that time.

Just my humble opinion.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Minor League & College Baseball