The last time we saw a night like Garrett Anderson's night - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The last time we saw a night like Garrett Anderson's night

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: The last time we saw a night like Garrett Anderson's night

Postby great gretzky » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:05 pm

didn't vlad have something absurd like this during the past tow or three seasons?
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:13 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:seemingly ever other night on yahoo box scores. i swore this was one of their double the stat typos but its not....how bout shawn green's 6-6 4 hr game. that was the most memorable in my fantasy career.

:-? ...doubleheader?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:30 pm

i think im in one of the worst positions regarding Anderson and his night last night.
i had Anderson, in my starting lineup every day. i have been falling behind some in HR and wanted to add a hitter with HR power. Wily Mo Pena was available, and after hitting HR's in back to back games i dropped Garrett Anderson for Pena on Monday.. the damn day before Anderson gets on fire! Pena doesnt give me a HR and Anderson gets 2. you stupid bum, where the hell where you before Tuesday!
even after Andersons night i wouldnt expect him to continue that.
talentedmrroto.com
What it means: So that game accounted for 25% of his HRs (8) and 20% of his RBIs (50) for the entire season. Feel free to ignore this performance and look elsewhere for consistent contribution in the outfield.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)

Postby jswede » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:07 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:
What it means: So that game accounted for 25% of his HRs (8) and 20% of his RBIs (50) for the entire season. Feel free to ignore this performance and look elsewhere for consistent contribution in the outfield.

Considering he's only got 295 ABs this year due to injury, those numbers don't tell the whole story.

At this pace in 485 ABs (~avg for top 50 hitters right now), he'd be at a more impressive 13hr / 82rbi / 74run / .281 total right now. Nick Markakis, Vernon Wells, and Eric Byrnes come to mind as comparables. A little behind Bobby Abreu, but not a ton.

He's viable in many leagues here on out, imo. He was a BIG TIME hitter not too long ago...
jswede
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby IllinoisBandit » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:36 pm

jswede wrote:
SpecialFNK wrote:

Considering he's only got 295 ABs this year due to injury, those numbers don't tell the whole story.

At this pace in 485 ABs (~avg for top 50 hitters right now), he'd be at a more impressive 13hr / 82rbi / 74run / .281 total right now. Nick Markakis, Vernon Wells, and Eric Byrnes come to mind as comparables. A little behind Bobby Abreu, but not a ton.

He's viable in many leagues here on out, imo. He was a BIG TIME hitter not too long ago...

I tend to disagree. I think the goose is cooked here. I'm not quite sure what timescale you're using, but he hasn't been a BIG TIME hitter since 2003...quite average for the three years thereafter. Scioscia batting him in the run producing part of the order is all that's keeping him from being a very, very, empty .280 hitter.
IllinoisBandit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jswede » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:53 pm

IllinoisBandit wrote:I tend to disagree. I think the goose is cooked here. I'm not quite sure what timescale you're using, but he hasn't been a BIG TIME hitter since 2003...quite average for the three years thereafter. Scioscia batting him in the run producing part of the order is all that's keeping him from being a very, very, empty .280 hitter.

I respect that you disagree. and yes, I meant "big time" back in 2003, but I'm not saying he's that kind of hitter anymore - I made the comparison to Byrnes, Wells, and Markakis - that's kind of hitter I think he'll be here out. Those guys are starting on a lot of teams in 10+ leagues.

Back in 2000-2003, when he was putting up 90run / 30hr / 120rbi / .300 seasons, he averaged 650 ABs a season (did he lead-off?). His numbers this year in 295 ABs extrapolated to 650 ABs are: 110run / 17hr / 99rbi / .281. If he plays regularly here out - and bats at at least a 550-600 AB/season pace from here out - which he should, that's production that should not be overlooked, imo.
jswede
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:18 pm

jswede wrote:
IllinoisBandit wrote:I tend to disagree. I think the goose is cooked here. I'm not quite sure what timescale you're using, but he hasn't been a BIG TIME hitter since 2003...quite average for the three years thereafter. Scioscia batting him in the run producing part of the order is all that's keeping him from being a very, very, empty .280 hitter.

I respect that you disagree. and yes, I meant "big time" back in 2003, but I'm not saying he's that kind of hitter anymore - I made the comparison to Byrnes, Wells, and Markakis - that's kind of hitter I think he'll be here out. Those guys are starting on a lot of teams in 10+ leagues.

Back in 2000-2003, when he was putting up 90run / 30hr / 120rbi / .300 seasons, he averaged 650 ABs a season (did he lead-off?). His numbers this year in 295 ABs extrapolated to 650 ABs are: 110run / 17hr / 99rbi / .281. If he plays regularly here out - and bats at at least a 550-600 AB/season pace from here out - which he should, that's production that should not be overlooked, imo.

No. He just never walked. Don't you think that there is a chance that you could be overvaluing this 1 game??
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:40 pm

yup, people picking up GA based on last nights game will be in for a major disappointment.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:58 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:Groundout in his final AB.. man, only 10 RBI for the night ..... :-D

And still on the WW in 99.9% of leagues.

In my starting lineup in my Cafeholics League. *flex*

Who cares if I'm in 10th Place? Inconsequential!!!
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)

Postby ultrazero » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:07 pm

BJSFAN123 wrote:A-rod against the angles in 05

I remember this night vividly. I had the #1 pick overall in '05. I was a fantasy rookie and chose Johan. (something I don't regret actually, ended up in 3rd place that year on the strength of my pitching). But a bunch of us were sitting around watching this game and the entire night I was taking serious heat for not picking ARod. He almost hit the home run cycle in that game. With each passing bomb I got more and more bashed.

This year I had #3 overall and took ARod. And we all know what he's doing.
ultrazero
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers