Random Thoughts - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Random Thoughts

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby RynMan » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:04 pm

HOOTIE wrote:Hughes/Bailey were the poster arms in spring training. I love Lincecum. In a keeper or as a irl gm, i take Lincecum over any of them. Anybody with me?

I would also. And I've always maintained that I would also take Gallardo over them as well in a keeper league.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:30 pm

Bonds is the new Pete Rose.

All these AL questions. I prefer no DH. :^

Lincecum seems like a no-brainer now.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 291)

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:00 pm

I'm thrilled that in my keeper I had Hughes, Bailey and Lincecum and only had room for one so I traded Hughes and Bailey and kept Lincecum. So far so good. ;-D
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby dipset » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:02 pm

Buchholz is a thief. He stole 30 laptops in high school and sold them.....wtf is that?
dipset
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RynMan » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:20 pm

dipset wrote:Buchholz is a thief. He stole 30 laptops in high school and sold them.....wtf is that?

Profit....
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby dipset » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:50 pm

this guy is a thief.... he should be in jail with Vick :-t
dipset
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sportsguy138 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:21 am

I like this thread. Could be something to do in the off-season (other than fantasy hockey) :-] .

Why do the Jays have to be in the same division with the Yankees and the Red Sox? I think it's time to shake up the divisions, or change the playoff schedule. Even though I don't think it would happen, wouldn't it be smarter to expand the number of teams that make it to the playoffs? Maybe make the season a little bit shorter so it's not too long for the teams that make it to the World Series. Wouldn't that bring more excitement and bring in more profit for teams and the MLB? I'm sure this topic has been talked about before, but I've never really seen it answered.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 388)

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:19 am

sportsguy138 wrote:I like this thread. Could be something to do in the off-season (other than fantasy hockey) :-] .

Why do the Jays have to be in the same division with the Yankees and the Red Sox? I think it's time to shake up the divisions, or change the playoff schedule. Even though I don't think it would happen, wouldn't it be smarter to expand the number of teams that make it to the playoffs? Maybe make the season a little bit shorter so it's not too long for the teams that make it to the World Series. Wouldn't that bring more excitement and bring in more profit for teams and the MLB? I'm sure this topic has been talked about before, but I've never really seen it answered.

no! please no! baseball playoffs are the only ones sacred. you can easily make the playoffs at .500 in every other sport, baseball is the one where its truly an honor to even make the playoffs (and this is coming from a philadelphia fan!)

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby davidmarver » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:05 am

RocketsDWM wrote:Why is Ortiz struggling? Try playing with a torn meniscus and a bad shoulder...

I have been playing intramural basketball on a torn meniscus (left knee) and a shoulder that pops out of joint every shot. Hurts like hell, but it's not an excuse why Big Papi's numbers are worse in big situations this year; they should be suffering around the board for this to be legitimate.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:58 am

sportsguy138 wrote:Maybe make the season a little bit shorter so it's not too long for the teams that make it to the World Series. Wouldn't that bring more excitement and bring in more profit for teams and the MLB?
It would bring in less profit across the board and that is why it will never happen. No owner is going to vote to cut 2 weeks off the season. They would lose the revenue from home games and generate no extra revenue by starting the playoff earlier.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 291)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers