If you made a roster change... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Frequently Asked Fantasy Questions

If you made a roster change...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

If you made a roster change...

Postby fourofakindfowl » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:01 pm

on one day and yahoo didn't reflect the change for the next day (ie you move SP off your bench for a start tomorrow but your lineup is unchanged the next day due to an apparent error on Yahoo's part), is there any chance yahoo will admit the error and dress the players that were benched? (private league)
fourofakindfowl
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: If you made a roster change...

Postby Madison » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:12 am

Just because you tweak your lineup today, that doesn't mean Yahoo keeps it set that way for the next day. A number of factors can be involved that would prevent it from keeping it, such as adds/drops, setting your roster in advance, etc.

Best to set your lineup each day for the day you want it set. If you want someone to start tomorrow, go to tomorrow's lineup and set it. Not hard to do, and then there's definitely no problems that way. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby fourofakindfowl » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:50 am

Thats the thing though, I made the changes for the next days lineup, and it didnt actually make the changes (although when I did it it said that the changes were made). I'm in 5 leagues and NONE of the changes I made on Saturday for Sunday's games were in effect on Sunday (even though they said they were Saturday!!). It's not from adding/dropping players either, and its not from the league commissioner adjusting my lineup (I am commissioner in one of these leagues). It really screwed me over!!

thanks for the reply
fourofakindfowl
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Madison » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:41 pm

fourofakindfowl wrote:Thats the thing though, I made the changes for the next days lineup, and it didnt actually make the changes (although when I did it it said that the changes were made). I'm in 5 leagues and NONE of the changes I made on Saturday for Sunday's games were in effect on Sunday (even though they said they were Saturday!!). It's not from adding/dropping players either, and its not from the league commissioner adjusting my lineup (I am commissioner in one of these leagues). It really screwed me over!!

thanks for the reply

That's strange. I'm in 3 leagues hosted at Yahoo and no one had any problems like you describe. Plus, if there was a major glitch on Yahoo, there would be a huge thread in our Leftovers forum about it. I'd really venture to say there was a move or mistake on your end that caused this one. I honestly don't know though, maybe you did everything perfect and I'm wrong, just guessing since this is the first I've heard of such a thing from anyone recently.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Diamond Miners » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:34 am

I've seen the issue before, but its never happened to me. And no Yahoo won't do anything about it. I always check and double check to make sure it was changed.
Good luck, feel free to PM me
DM

Minor League forum
Diamond Miners
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Frequently Asked Fantasy Questions