Joe Mauer - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Joe Mauer

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Joe Mauer

Postby BlueBandit24 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:36 pm

Jimbo OZ wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:According to the Minneapolis Star Tribune, Joe Mauer (hamstring) is "likely" to miss the Twins' three-game series against the Indians that begins Monday.

Mauer is listed as day-to-day, but may still end up on the disabled list. "It's pretty frustrating," Mauer said. "I've never really been healthy the whole year. Especially this time of the year, when we are trying to make a run. I'm trying to get back out there. I just hope it doesn't take too long." Mike Redmond will see most of the playing time in his absence.

From a selfish fantasy point of view, I now hope he takes the week off and gets himself fit enough to perform better for the playoffs.

I'm guessing he will, especially considering the Twins are barely hanging on to playoff hopes. They've always taken a cautious approach with Mauer and young players in general so I don't see this being any different.

Kudos to GiantsFan14 for the sig.
BlueBandit24
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby sandman042 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:48 am

anything on mauer?

i really need him for next week i got manny/sheff/maer/bedard/victorino and missed start from lincecum. my team is starting to fall apart.
sandman042
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BlueBandit24 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:38 am

sandman042 wrote:anything on mauer?

i really need him for next week i got manny/sheff/maer/bedard/victorino and missed start from lincecum. my team is starting to fall apart.

From the Minneapolis Star Tribune:

CLEVELAND -- Twins catcher Joe Mauer could attempt some baseball-related activities today as the Twins open a four-game series against Kansas City.

Mauer hasn't played since straining his left hamstring on Saturday in Baltimore. The Twins opted against placing him on the disabled list because they thought he could be ready in a few days.

Mauer told the medical staff on Wednesday that his hamstring felt better, but it's unclear how much he's able to do.

Twins General Manager Terry Ryan said he had heard Mauer was improving but was waiting to hear from the medical staff.

That doesn't tell much, but it sounds like he is healing a little bit slower than anticipated. I wouldn't expect him to play this weekend, maybe early next week.

Kudos to GiantsFan14 for the sig.
BlueBandit24
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates