Jorge Cantu - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Jorge Cantu

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jorge Cantu

Postby Amatter32 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:20 pm

Is he worth hanging on to anymore in even the deepest of leagues? I have Pedroia, Theriot, Grudzielanek, all above him on the depth chart. Is there any hope for him reappearing in the majors with the Reds or any other team?
Amatter32
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jorge Cantu

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:26 pm

Cantu is garbage. If he makes it back he won't be worth much, i would cut ties.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:02 pm

I don't see him getting any playing time at Cincy with Phillips doing such a great job for the past year+. I would cut him loose and grab somebody else.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amatter32 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:22 am

I drop him then someone picks him up off waivers...
Amatter32
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:00 am

Amatter32 wrote:I drop him then someone picks him up off waivers...

let them waste a roster spot
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby AEMRICH » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:57 am

Cantu is a guy i actually still like. He is young enough to still have a good career and we have seen that he has some pop in his bat. IMO the D-Rays sometimes do some stupid things with their players. I think the problem right now is finding Cantu a regular position. i think he will be the UTIL guy for Cincy the rest of the season. I believe all i Cantu needs is a starting gig somewhere and he will be a top 10 2B again.
College Tuition: $12,000
Room & Board: $5,600
Books: $500
Food Plan: $2000
Not going to college and living with your parents: Priceless
AEMRICH
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 13)

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:55 am

AEMRICH wrote:Cantu is a guy i actually still like. He is young enough to still have a good career and we have seen that he has some pop in his bat. IMO the D-Rays sometimes do some stupid things with their players. I think the problem right now is finding Cantu a regular position. i think he will be the UTIL guy for Cincy the rest of the season. I believe all i Cantu needs is a starting gig somewhere and he will be a top 10 2B again.

all Cantu needs is for the MLB to stop testing for roids and he will get back to what he once was
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:29 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
AEMRICH wrote:Cantu is a guy i actually still like. He is young enough to still have a good career and we have seen that he has some pop in his bat. IMO the D-Rays sometimes do some stupid things with their players. I think the problem right now is finding Cantu a regular position. i think he will be the UTIL guy for Cincy the rest of the season. I believe all i Cantu needs is a starting gig somewhere and he will be a top 10 2B again.

all Cantu needs is for the MLB to stop testing for roids and he will get back to what he once was

He's not on the Devil Rays anymore so you might as well stop dogging on him for no reason other than that he disappointed you and other TB fans following his great season. Cantu is a MLB hitter maybe not a fulltime one but one that the Reds will use.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 117)

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:37 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

He's not on the Devil Rays anymore so you might as well stop dogging on him for no reason other than that he disappointed you and other TB fans following his great season. Cantu is a MLB hitter maybe not a fulltime one but one that the Reds will use.

Believe what you want. I actually like him as a person as i have met him multiple times.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:55 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

Forgot in the other post.

Havok-- you are very knowledgeable about baseball and especially minor league guys from what i have seen. I resepect your insight and opinion greatly and think you know whatt you are talking about. My opinion on Cantu has nothing to do with just being a casual fan and being upset about a bad year. I would think you would know that from reading what i right around here. I know many of the players and people persoanlly on that team and my knowledge of certain things come from what i have told by people within the organization. I would never just rag on someone for the sake of doing it or b/c he had one bad year.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball