this is getting out of hand - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

this is getting out of hand

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

this is getting out of hand

Postby Triplec223 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:03 pm

The following trades have been accepted (and then thankfully vetoed) in the past two days:

--Trade 1--
Team A gets:---------------------Team B gets:
BJ Upton---------------------------Jason Varitek
Victor Martinez-------------------Ryan Zimmerman
Curt Schilling---------------------Javier Vazquez

--Trade 2--
Team A gets:---------------------Team B gets:
Manny Ramirez-------------------Juan Pierre
John Smoltz-----------------------Nick Markakis
Jose Valverde---------------------Gil Meche

--Trade 3 (different teams)--
Team C gets:----------------------Team D gets:
Grady Sizemore--------------------Jim Thome
Johan Santana---------------------Orlando Hernandez

As I said, these were all vetoed, but this is getting to be a trend in my league. Other noteable scams include Jose Reyes/JJ Putz for Miguel Tejada/Orlando Hernandez. Not sure if its collusion or just apathetic owners, but I'm sensing that this league is all but done. First place team has a 25+ point lead over the next closest contender and nobody is going to catch him.

This is a free league by the way, so its not the end of the world. Any ideas, however, about how to spice things up over the last couple of weeks?
Triplec223
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: this is getting out of hand

Postby labardo31 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:09 am

I'm the commish of a 3rd year keeper league with 20 teams and 25 man rosters. Over the past couple of years, five of the 20 managers have really taken off leaving a great divide. All managers outside the top five realize they have no chance, but for the most part have not totally given up.

So to spice up the rest of the season, I have started a competition with prizes based on who has the greatest points increase over the next one month and for the rest of the season. I decided on most points increase because it is relatively independent of actual standing position, so everyone will have a chance, especially the teams towards the bottom. Prizes are Cincy Reds tickets and Bobbleheads I've gotten from various minor league games I've been to. All stuff I got for free, but things people would be interested in anyway.

We also reset the waiver order at the all star break, and are also making waiver orders a tradeable commodity.

Additionally, we are on the verge of contracting the league to 16 teams and drafting those players to all teams outside of the top five. This will be a non-serpentine draft so the last place team will get a much needed boost. We hope this will lead to a more competitive league next year.

In the offseason we hold a 3 round prospect draft. Managers retain the rights to the drafted players until opening day at which point you need to decide whether they will be promoted to your fantasy roster or released to free agency.

Just some ideas for you, I hope they help.

As for trades getting out of hand, there's a new site going to be launched by next season I plan on signing up for since trade reviews are always controversial. http://www.flbtradereview.com
Reds Night Out
labardo31
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner