Lasik Eye Surgery.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Lasik Eye Surgery....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Lasik Eye Surgery....

Postby AllStar215 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:19 pm

J35J wrote:Hey guys, so I'm alive and 20/20 or better! I'm glad I did this, very much glad I don't have to mess with glasses anymore.

The experience was EASILY one of the wierdiest things I've ever done. You can see everything they do. You can see them cut and lift the "flap" and then put it back on....creepy!! But it only took like 5-10 minutes an eye and I was done. Once the "deadener" wore off, my eyes iched and burned like crazy for about an hour or two before I could go to sleep. The worst part about that was not being able to rub my eyes. Your not suppose to rub your eyes for a month.... ugh! After that though, I've had no problems whatsoever....knock on wood! Doesn't burn or hurt other than that short period after I got home.

Anyway, I highly recommend it to anyone thinking about taking the plunge!

Did they check your eyes to see if your vision was consistant?...One of my friends wanted to get it done but since hes only 20, they said that they recommend him to wait til he was at least 23 because of something about his vision not being consistant...
AllStar215
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:33 am

Great to see it went well JJ. ;-D

I love not having to worry about glasses or contacts anymore. My eyes are basically perfect aside from the occasional dryness, but I can certainly live with that. :-D

As I said in the other thread, the 20 minutes of surgery were the most terrifying of my life. As JJ said, you can basically see the entire thing happening. Creepy. :-° But worth it...
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby J35J » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:12 am

AllStar215 wrote:
J35J wrote:Hey guys, so I'm alive and 20/20 or better! I'm glad I did this, very much glad I don't have to mess with glasses anymore.

The experience was EASILY one of the wierdiest things I've ever done. You can see everything they do. You can see them cut and lift the "flap" and then put it back on....creepy!! But it only took like 5-10 minutes an eye and I was done. Once the "deadener" wore off, my eyes iched and burned like crazy for about an hour or two before I could go to sleep. The worst part about that was not being able to rub my eyes. Your not suppose to rub your eyes for a month.... ugh! After that though, I've had no problems whatsoever....knock on wood! Doesn't burn or hurt other than that short period after I got home.

Did they check your eyes to see if your vision was consistant?...One of my friends wanted to get it done but since hes only 20, they said that they recommend him to wait til he was at least 23 because of something about his vision not being consistant...

Yeah, my perscriptions didn't even really change the last time I got new glasses. I'm 27 so I'm not sure I have to worry to much about things changing fromt his point forward. I could see how they would want a 20 year old to wait....18 is the youngest you can be I think....I'd want to wait as well if I was younger. All is good from where I am sitting.....It feels like the first day I ever got glasses....its going to take some getting used to!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:58 am

What was your reaction when you looked in the mirror and actually saw the "KC" on your hat?? :-o
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby J35J » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:03 pm

Lofunzo wrote:

What was your reaction when you looked in the mirror and actually saw the "KC" on your hat?? :-o

:-C
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:16 pm

Lofunzo wrote:

Not as bad as when he realized that he had married his sister.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 275)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:38 pm

J35J wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

:-C

That would've been my reaction too. :-b
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)

Postby J35J » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:25 pm

I hate you guys!! :^

!+)
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to General Talk