ATTN: All Commissioners in Keeper Auction Leagues Only! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

ATTN: All Commissioners in Keeper Auction Leagues Only!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

ATTN: All Commissioners in Keeper Auction Leagues Only!

Postby RotoRook » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:41 am

I am trying to compile many different ideas on how my league can improve his trading situation to prevent uproar, collusion, fire sales, etc... At the same time I am also interested to see how my league is different than everyone's league. Therefore, I would like to know if people can submit to me thier league rules. I would greatly appreciate the help of everybody from the Fantasy Baseball Cafe coummunity.

If you need my e-mail address, please send me a private message. Otherwise post a link to your website with the rules or post them on the board. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
RotoRook
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ATTN: All Commissioners in Keeper Auction Leagues Only!

Postby Knights » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:33 pm

Would you be able to post or post a link to your league's rules? Then we could all look at them and make suggestions to you on what to change to help regulate the trade situation in your league.
Knights
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 28)

Re: ATTN: All Commissioners in Keeper Auction Leagues Only!

Postby labardo31 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:23 am

As the commish in my league I am facing many of the problems you mentioned. Every trade seems to be a hot topic and a few managers basically don't see anything as fair. Anyway, we currently have a majority of voting managers to turn down a trade. There are 20 managers in the league, but not all vote all the time, so we base the majority only out of the total amount of votes.

However, there's a new website that is going to be up and running for next season that I think I'm going to give a shot. http://www.flbtradereview.com. I emailed the guy running it and he said he has a committee of fantasy baseball gurus who will evaluate every trade submitted to them and respond with a scale of -5 to +5 in favor of one team or the other with a rationale. This service should take out any bias individual members of my league has regarding any specific trade, so that alone will make that service valuable.
Reds Night Out
labardo31
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Return to Commissioner's Corner