Poll question is Bonds on steroids?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Poll question is Bonds on steroids??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Do you think Barry Bonds numbers are steroid inflated?

yes
80%
no
20%

Total votes : 54

Postby The Cow » Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:43 am

A couple things here:

1. Nobody KNOWS if Bonds is on steroids except for the guy holding the cup. I am asking if you believe Bonds' numbers are tainted. The guy is or at least was on the juice.

2. Eftda since you are in tight with Bonds, slide a sippy cup over the next time he is next to you at the urinal, then run the cup to the lab.

3. The nickname for Bonds' in the locker room is SEAHORSE, you know small and wrinkled.

4. Finally I do not know how anyone could rank Bonds with the best power hitters of all time as Bonds' numbers are tainted beyond belief. The guy is a junkie, he needs dejuiced. Could you imagine how much THG you could squeeze out of that melon.

COW OUT
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:55 am

you know its funny,

how come when ever anybody takes Barry Bonds side, the automatically become "Bonds Buddy" or "Barry's Best friend"? I have even been called "Barry Bonds" himself a few times? Now its not really offensive to me.... but don't you think it makes you look kinda silly?..

"You don't believe me? Well then you must be Barrys Best friend then" ...

Now I know some people have researched this a ton, as have I, And I know no matter the outcome, there will always be two sides on this. Barry could stand here and piss for you all everyday till he retires, and you all are still going to pronounce him guilty, I can live with that! But saying "You must be Barry Bonds then" just tosses any other comments you say about the subject ..... right out the window .... IMHO ..

Its not just this thread ... its every thread about Barry. ... "You must be his Mom" ...somebody makes that comment or something like that ..

Why?

and I still am waiting for something in print that shows steriods causes your head to grow? Actually I have been waiting for over a year and nobody can find me an article saying that barrys head has grown or that streriods causes it to grow.

and one last Poll for the group?

Is Barry still on Steriods? ??? anybody?
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)

Postby ironman » Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:54 pm

wrveres wrote:and I still am waiting for something in print that shows steriods causes your head to grow? Actually I have been waiting for over a year and nobody can find me an article saying that barrys head has grown or that streriods causes it to grow.

Steroids or not the dude's got a big noggin! Its like an orange on a toothpick! Its a virtual planetoid....has its own weather system!

Heed! Move!

Honestly I don't know whether he's using roids or anything or not. I just like inserting a little humor in a subject people are so divided on. Honestly we probably won't know for a lot of people until after their career. I think one tell-tale sign will be how fast some of these monster sluggers' abilities deteriorate from their body eventually breaking down a lot sooner than it should. For some we won't totally know until they admit it once their career is over, and sadly its usually because steroids have taken their toll that it is now killing them (i.e. Lyle Alzado). We've already seen a number of ex-NFL players succumb to the nasty effects steroids has on the human body. There's a good possibility we'll see the same for MLB players in the next 10-15 years.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 97)

Postby The Cow » Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:32 pm

wrveres why are you in denial??????? Just look at Bonds the guy is a joke, it is too bad that steroids do not make his ego shrink. The fact that you and eftda are so vehemently on Bonds' side throws your credibility completely out the window.

The Cow
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby phatjagz14 » Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:08 pm

Look at any older picture of a power slugger. Sosa and Bonds were twigs but they're not the only ones...
phatjagz14
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:15 pm

With the joke of a testing system in MLB, we will never know for sure unless Barry admits to it, which he never will. My guess would be that he is on the juice. There are many others but none of them are breaking records.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Purple Haze » Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:20 pm

Bukoski77 wrote:I had to vote he is on it. I saw before and after pictures between the offseasons leading to his HR record. That guy put on something like 30#'s of ripped muscle. 30#'s of ripped muscle is tough enough to do for a newbie getting into fitness for the first time ever in that time period. As is part of the weight lifting/body building sub-culture that is known as newbie gains. The more you work and gain the harder and longer it takes to keep packing on muscle after the first year or so of lifting. To think he qualifies as a newbie to fitness and weight trainning between the 2000 offseason and 2001 season is absurd, kinda like Brett Boone's sudden power surge that year.

Last of all, his voice has seemed much higher pitched than usual during his interviews over the past few years................something had to shrink to hit those notes :-D

Lol, I dont really care what he takes but this thread was fun to reply to.

He did not put on 30lbs between 2000, and 2001...He actually put on 30lbs between 1998 and 2001 three year span..(If your gonna make an accusation be accurate) No one on this website knows for sure what he has, or hasn't taken.. And it's sad that in the United States of America he can't even get a fair trial.. You all have convicted him with circumstantial evidence... I'm not saying he's guilty or innocent, but I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt until we have 100% proof saying he IS, or HAS been on steroids... Just because he doesn't like the media, and he isn't "Cal Ripkin Jr." with the fans... Doesn't mean he is on steroids!
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Purple Haze » Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:26 pm

Bukoski77 wrote:I saw before and after pictures between the offseasons leading to his HR record. That guy put on something like 30#'s of ripped muscle. 30#'s of ripped muscle is tough enough to do for a newbie getting into fitness for the first time ever in that time period. As is part of the weight lifting/body building sub-culture that is known as newbie gains. The more you work and gain the harder and longer it takes to keep packing on muscle after the first year or so of lifting. To think he qualifies as a newbie to fitness and weight trainning between the 2000 offseason and 2001 season is absurd, kinda like Brett Boone's sudden power surge that year.

Barry Bonds came into the league weighing 185lbs he now weighs 225lbs 40 lbs over 16 years is not a lot of weight gain, especially if you workout, and have a personal chef.. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT...
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby redbirds125 » Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:33 pm

Bonds will break down this year just like Big Mac did, when he quit taking his "supplements".
redbirds125
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers