Yahoo and the Cafe - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo and the Cafe

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo and the Cafe

Postby MotorCityKitties » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:04 pm

Has anyone else noticed the great amount of dialogue/competition/articles that have occurred between the Cafe and Yahoo over the last year? It started with Buser who has been a regular here and especially at the Basketball cafe. Then a few of the guys got involved in the Funston league. During this baseball season a couple of the other yahoo guys joined and provided some great feedback and answered a ton of questions.

But, Perhaps the best example was this week when Andy Behrens referenced some criticism from the football cafe and created a league defending his pick of Chicago D in the 5th round and wrote a large article about it.

I think it's just great to have so much feedback/access to such a fantastic FREE product.
MotorCityKitties
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo and the Cafe

Postby sportsguy138 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:18 pm

Definitely is. ;-D

I'm not much of a football fan or fantasy football for that matter, but do you have the link to the article and the criticism from the FFC? Would be interesting to read. ;-D
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 403)

Postby MotorCityKitties » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:20 pm

MotorCityKitties
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby JTWood » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:32 pm

A poster named Crippler started a thread called "Yahoo article: How to lose your league in just 1 step!" He linked to the Bears article and wrote, "Andy Behrens makes me 10 percent dumber for just reading this garbage."

Yep, that's the FFC! :-b

And if you made all of the contributors at Fantasy Cafe 95 percent dumber, called them a nation, and made them vote on things, you'd have a leading sports website.

That's priceless. :-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:16 am

JTWood wrote:
A poster named Crippler started a thread called "Yahoo article: How to lose your league in just 1 step!" He linked to the Bears article and wrote, "Andy Behrens makes me 10 percent dumber for just reading this garbage."

Yep, that's the FFC! :-b

And if you made all of the contributors at Fantasy Cafe 95 percent dumber, called them a nation, and made them vote on things, you'd have a leading sports website.

That's priceless. :-D

That was an amusing read. :-b

Great to see the Cafe get major press on Yahoo, even though the lightsiders are surely 95 percent dumber than this side of the Cafe. :-D
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 674)

Postby sportsaddict » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:22 am

I followed the thread over on the football side and it was entertaining to say the least. I think it's unbelievable how big this place has become. It's crazy. I would bet that most fantasy sports writers frequent this site a lot to get an idea of what's being discussed, the upcoming issues, how people like to play, etc. The Cafe is basically intertwined with the fantasy sports industry now.
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby JTWood » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:29 am

sportsaddict wrote:I followed the thread over on the football side and it was entertaining to say the least. I think it's unbelievable how big this place has become. It's crazy. I would bet that most fantasy sports writers frequent this site a lot to get an idea of what to write, the upcoming issues, how people like to play, etc. The Cafe is basically intertwined with the fantasy sports industry now.

We rock. ;-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby lesieu » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:17 am

A few weeks back Andy also mentioned in one of his columns the Funny Players profile photos thread.
lesieu
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:40 am

Thankfully, Fantasy Football Cafe stepped forward. A poster named Crippler started a thread called "Yahoo article: How to lose your league in just 1 step!" He linked to the Bears article and wrote, "Andy Behrens makes me 10 percent dumber for just reading this garbage."

Awesome.

First of all, if you made every contributor at Fantasy Cafe 10 percent dumber, you'd still have a remarkable forum. It's great. And if you made all of the contributors at Fantasy Cafe 95 percent dumber, called them a nation, and made them vote on things, you'd have a leading sports website.

The point is this: I intend no disrespect to Fantasy Cafe. Those guys are savvy. Crippler himself knows his stuff.

But I'm a relatively competitive person, and I can be baited into conflict. And if it's a virtual conflict, lacking any real human interaction, I will (expletive) you up. So not long after wading into the discussion thread, I'd created a PLUS league with public settings, invited Cafe posters to join, and agreed to draft the Chicago defense in the fifth round.

The "Y! How to Lose a League" league drafted last Monday. It was exceedingly fun. I ended up with the ninth pick, which is a good thing if you're determined to take the Bears in the fifth round – that's the 49th overall pick. But really, picking ninth overall isn't ideal.

;-D ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby zig zag daddy » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:52 am

I have no problem getting on the baseball cafe at work...but the football cafe is blocked! What is up with that?
zig zag daddy
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers