Fielder and Braun Flipped - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Fielder and Braun Flipped

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Fielder and Braun Flipped

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:19 pm

whats up with this move? kip wells on the hill so its not for a lefty. is it just to hit jenkins 5th to have l-r-l? does this move change anything?
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: Fielder and Braun Flipped

Postby RynMan » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:11 pm

Yeah....I'd say it means less pitches for Braun to see. :-[
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8891
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia

Re: Fielder and Braun Flipped

Postby Scooter1027 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:42 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:whats up with this move? kip wells on the hill so its not for a lefty. is it just to hit jenkins 5th to have l-r-l? does this move change anything?


I think this is it. Jenkins is having his usual 2nd half surge, so you move him up and the struggling Hall down. Fielder moves up to 3rd so a manager can't safely use just one lefty to navigate Fielder/Braun/Jenkins.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 1124
Joined: 16 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Fielder and Braun Flipped

Postby akula » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:49 pm

Haha I have both Fielder and Braun. It doesn't matter who's batting 3rd/4th
akula
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 614
Joined: 31 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Fielder and Braun Flipped

Postby Scooter1027 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:55 pm

Well well, HR Fielder, 1B Braun, HR Jenkins. Worked in the 1st inning ;-D ;-D
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 1124
Joined: 16 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Fielder and Braun Flipped

Postby RynMan » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:06 pm

Scooter1027 wrote:Well well, HR Fielder, 1B Braun, HR Jenkins. Worked in the 1st inning ;-D ;-D


Hehehe. Go Brew Crew!

Scooter, while you are here.....is it just me or is Villaneauva getting overworked? It seems like he is thrown out there way too much. I feel like his decline began with more frequently consecutive appearances.....
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8891
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia

Re: Fielder and Braun Flipped

Postby Scooter1027 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:30 pm

RynMan wrote:
Scooter1027 wrote:Well well, HR Fielder, 1B Braun, HR Jenkins. Worked in the 1st inning ;-D ;-D


Hehehe. Go Brew Crew!

Scooter, while you are here.....is it just me or is Villaneauva getting overworked? It seems like he is thrown out there way too much. I feel like his decline began with more frequently consecutive appearances.....


Absolutely, I could not agree with you more. He's amongst the league leaders (if not tops? I remember hearing that, not sure) in IP for a reliever. He gets up it seems almost every game because inevitably one of our starters is struggling by the 4th or 5th. So either he comes in, or he is at least warming. He looks beat to me, fastball velocity is down a few ticks from 89-91 to 86-87. I'd like to see him DL'd, but I think they'd have to make up an injury along the lines of dead arm. I don't know what. But don't get me started on Yost's bullpen usage, because I don't understand it.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 1124
Joined: 16 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Fielder and Braun Flipped

Postby RynMan » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:17 pm

Scooter1027 wrote:Absolutely, I could not agree with you more. He's amongst the league leaders (if not tops? I remember hearing that, not sure) in IP for a reliever. He gets up it seems almost every game because inevitably one of our starters is struggling by the 4th or 5th. So either he comes in, or he is at least warming. He looks beat to me, fastball velocity is down a few ticks from 89-91 to 86-87. I'd like to see him DL'd, but I think they'd have to make up an injury along the lines of dead arm. I don't know what. But don't get me started on Yost's bullpen usage, because I don't understand it.


Yeah I agree totally. It's a little confusing. He has been using him as a late inning reliever, then the other day when Gallardo got shelled, he brought him in in the 3rd.....what was he doing? A little frustrating. :-D
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8891
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia


Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GRIN, scarnicease and 10 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 16
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Miami at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Cincinnati at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Detroit at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Cleveland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
LA Dodgers at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
San Francisco at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Seattle at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Texas at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Philadelphia at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact