Quiet Monsters... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Quiet Monsters...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Quiet Monsters...

Postby talan37 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:34 pm

Rich hill. He has been the best starter fantasy wise for the cubs over Lilly, and Zambrano. With a better whip, Era, and K's than both but has gotten totally hosed on wins. If you take wins out of the equation(He plays for a good enough team there is no reason for him to have only 7 where as Zambrano has 14) he has been the #19th starting pitcher this year.

Line Minus wins:
IP:154.3 Saves:0 Era:3.67 Whip:1.19 Ks:145(.94/inning)

Line for Hamels who is widely considered top 10:
IP:167.3 Saves:0 Era:3.50 Whip:1.13 Ks:156(.93/inning)

The only difference is a small era(.17) and whip(.06) and that hamels has thrown a few more innings.

Hill's ADP was about 168.

I regularly read fantasy columns on espn, cbs, and yahoo, and almost NEVER see anything about him. If he wasn't so unlucky with his wins he would be awfully high up in the rankings.

The other guy who I think is "under the radar" is Dunn. While everyone knows about him, he has an acceptable .262 average(compared to .234 last year) and is one of the few power hitters who is actually hitting homeruns like he has in the past. I believe in the list of guys who hit 30 or more HR's last year, only Dunn, Arod, and Howard were going to come anywhere close(or beat) to there last years homerun totals. Also in leagues that use .obp, slugging, or OPS he is an absolute monster this year.
Check out my blog at http://www.rotopulse.com for fantasy baseball analysis, injury reports, commissioner info and more. For laughs check out http://www.sportshysterics.com
talan37
College Coach
College Coach

Trivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Quiet Monsters...

Postby J35J » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:32 pm

talan37 wrote:I regularly read fantasy columns on espn, cbs, and yahoo, and almost NEVER see anything about him. If he wasn't so unlucky with his wins he would be awfully high up in the rankings.

And this is a GOOD thing!!!! I always dream of the days when good players fell under the radar...even a little....so that those of us that know better can get good deals or whatever. This site has probably single handedly ruined all that fun for me as every rock is unturned and every untalked about stud or potential stud is talked about so much that they end up being overrated and taken well before I would normally take them.

Sure this site is great for those first coming into fantasy or those who are casual players/fans but those of us who know this stuff before coming into this site it makes things a little frustrating.....its like we are shooting ourselves in the foot letting all this information out.

With that said, continue on, this site rocks and I will continue to contribute in anyway I can and I encourage everyone else to as well. Just needed to rant a bit. Am I the only one who is crazy and feels this way sometimes? :-?

Its kinda like the diamond business or something where everyone talks about the best places to find the best diamonds.....well you should be keeping that info to yourself so you can get all the biggest and best diamonds!! ;-7

I'm done..... %-6 !+) !+) !+)
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 390)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers