Jason Bay? Should i Drop him? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Jason Bay? Should i Drop him?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jason Bay? Should i Drop him?

Postby merr1127 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:40 pm

since the all star break bay's been batting .255 with 5 homers.. average numbers but should i drop him in favor of ibanez or melky cabrera or reggie willits.. my teams in first place but i have had injurys to renteria soriano and victorino and im looking for some hot bats to put into lineup till they come back..whir
merr1127
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jason Bay? Should i Drop him?

Postby DaSh 1s » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:42 pm

Jason Bay hasnt compiled a good season well all season. Its down to the stretch right now and especially being in first right now u cant have any slack. I personally owned Reggie Willits a little while ago and wasnt to impressed but this kid Melky has been on fire. 1 game hitting streak. He has production going. Melky while give u more than what Jason Bay is doing its hard to drop a big name but like people say money talks and while Melkys numbers talk to . Milk the milk man for what he is worth
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby merr1127 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:45 pm

yea im a big melky fan. but im leaning towards adding willits or matsui and then moving upton to the OF so i can garantee ill win the sb's category everyweek. i figure since my power numbers are down i should try to garantee average and sb's
merr1127
College Coach
College Coach

Postby stevekahuda » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:55 pm

I've been wondering the same thing. I could have gotten better production out of the waiver wire the majority of the year
stevekahuda
College Coach
College Coach

Postby stcardinal » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:57 pm

I'm in the same boat. I did pick up Melky to replace Bay but Bay is still riding pine. I'm planning on either dropping him or Bay next week. So to me, it will dependo n how they do. Bay has been getting a hit and run in each of his past 4-5 games.
stcardinal
College Coach
College Coach

Postby merr1127 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:07 pm

ive dropped bay. cabrera can give me better production. i would have like to keep him but with all my injurys i really didnt want to part with renteria or soriano even tho theyr on the dl
merr1127
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bcb » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:55 pm

Ditto. Bay is riding pine and I picked up Melky off the ww. I'm looking to move Bay in a keeper - I keep reminding people he has been consistent and should bounce back. Personally, I think he's dinged up and just not complaining about it.
bcb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates