1963 team signed baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Cards and Memorabilia

1963 team signed baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

1963 team signed baseball

Postby hera » Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:49 am

When my husband was a child he won a 1963 team signed baseball. He passed away in Sept. and when going through some of his things I came across it. 26 members signed including Ron Santo, Ernie Banks, and Billy Williams. Can anyone give me any ideas on finding the value of the ball. Could you please reply to both my home and work emails. Thank you for any suggestions in advance.

mailto:hera@sirus.com

mailto:Joanns@hoho.org
hera

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby cwebb » Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:57 am

I just looked around on ebay, and two balls from the Athletics WS champions '88 and '89 are now at 280 and 450$, respectively.

An '81 Braves ball is at 125$, so all in all, I'd say the ball is "worth" 100-200$.

Any other ideas, cubs fans?
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DieHardCubbie » Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:46 pm

Neat ball..... ;-D

I am sorry I can't help you with the pricing on it... :-o ....but I will move it down to the Memorabilia forum...where it should get a few more looks.... :-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:40 am

A ball from the 60s (with some very popular players on it) ought to be worth a bit more than a ball from the 80s, I think.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eftda » Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:39 pm

can you see their names? Is the ball intact? :-?
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Padres19 » Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:52 am

Well the ball is obviously a team issued 1963 Cubs ball. Banks and Williams are both Hall of Famers along with Lou Brock who was the CF for the team. It is really hard to value the ball without seeing the ball in person or through great photos. Just to make sure it is not a stamped ball, and to verify the other 23 signatures. If you would like to take some great photos i can ask around[i work in the autograph business, i run http://www.americaniconautographs.com] and see what it is worth. In my opinon though, i would say near 250-400 dollars depending on how great the signatures are and what location on the ball, etc etc.. There are a lot of things to consider. As per the previous entry, the only reason that the 88 and 89 Oakland ball is going for anything is because of Big Mac. With three certian HOF's you might have come across something real special. Anyways let me know. You can reach me at webmaster[@]americaniconautographs.com Just take out the []....

PS here is a site for the entire '63 team.. http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHC/1963.shtml

Also if you have proof of where your husband got the ball, or anything else for that matter it will help in the selling. Also i am very sorry to hear about the loss of your husband.
[list]Classic Jerry Colmanisms
[*]"Montreal leads Atlanta by three, 5-1."
[*]"They throw Winfield out at second, but he's safe."
[*]"Johnny Grubb slides into second with a standup double."[/list:u]
Padres19
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Cards and Memorabilia