Brandon Webb - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Brandon Webb

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Brandon Webb

Postby Roberto Clemente » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:58 pm

wildbill wrote:Wow! A 3rd consecutive shutout and this time vs the potent Braves offense (3rd most runs in NL). I think now the Cy Young talk regarding Webb can be considered legit, especially with Zona leading the western division.

Yeah, Brandon Webb is making me look like a genius. He is also padding my first place lead in my Yahoo Roto League, and making my brethern in my league jealous with envy :-b

With that being said...Webb has now pitched 42 consecutive scoreless Innings.

The below copy and paste is from Rotoworld tonight. Some pretty "pro" stuff!

>>Brandon Webb is just the 21st pitcher ever to go even 40 straight innings without allowing a run. Webb still has at least two starts to go before matching Orel Hershiser's record of 59 set back in 1988, but no player besides Webb has come closer in the 18 seasons since. He'll try and extend the streak when the Diamondbacks face the Brewers next week.<<
Roberto Clemente
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:00 pm

wildbill wrote:Wow! A 3rd consecutive shutout and this time vs the potent Braves offense (3rd most runs in NL). I think now the Cy Young talk regarding Webb can be considered legit, especially with Zona leading the western division.

He's definitely part of the Cy Young talk now, but I'd still give the edge to Peavy at this point. Luckily, I have them both in my keeper league. ;-D
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby IllinoisBandit » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:53 pm

Roberto Clemente wrote:

Yeah, Brandon Webb is making me look like a genius. He is also padding my first place lead in my Yahoo Roto League, and making my brethern in my league jealous with envy :-b

With that being said...Webb has now pitched 42 consecutive scoreless Innings.

The below copy and paste is from Rotoworld tonight. Some pretty "pro" stuff!

>>Brandon Webb is just the 21st pitcher ever to go even 40 straight innings without allowing a run. Webb still has at least two starts to go before matching Orel Hershiser's record of 59 set back in 1988, but no player besides Webb has come closer in the 18 seasons since. He'll try and extend the streak when the Diamondbacks face the Brewers next week.<<

With two shutouts in the way of the record, I'd say Orel's not losing any sleep at night or anything.
Quite an achievement though.
IllinoisBandit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates