Pierre Batting At Bottom of Order? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Pierre Batting At Bottom of Order?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pierre Batting At Bottom of Order?

Postby Philliebuster » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:51 pm

The last couple of games Little has played Pierre at the bottome of the order, today batting 7th, and then pinch hit for with Kemp. Anyone know if Little will continue to play him at the bottom? Have they lost faith in his style of play? His value to me in a point league will drop significantly.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pierre Batting At Bottom of Order?

Postby sportsguy138 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:02 pm

They moved him down in the order because of his OBP being too low. If he increases it soon then I wouldn't be surprised to see him back at the top.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby Philliebuster » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:31 pm

sportsguy138 wrote:They moved him down in the order because of his OBP being too low. If he increases it soon then I wouldn't be surprised to see him back at the top.

Well, that doesn't make me feel any better. His OBP hasn't been anything special the last couple years...around .330.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby x_Momentum » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:16 pm

don't feel too bad about it. I have Pierre too and I've been noticing a lot of everyday top of the order people have been moved down to the bottom of the order. In the case of Pierre, i believe it is because of his low OBP% but it could also be a strategical move because the dodgers have been quite slow lately. Maybe this move might be better for Pierre. Might be good to be optimistic
x_Momentum
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Philliebuster » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:58 am

x_Momentum wrote:don't feel too bad about it. I have Pierre too and I've been noticing a lot of everyday top of the order people have been moved down to the bottom of the order. In the case of Pierre, i believe it is because of his low OBP% but it could also be a strategical move because the dodgers have been quite slow lately. Maybe this move might be better for Pierre. Might be good to be optimistic

Eesh, the prospect for less runs, SBs, and AB's at the bottom of the lineup makes it hard for me to find optimism. Guess we'll wait and see.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sportsguy138 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:17 pm

He's back at the top of the order batting second tonight. Didn't take them long to put him back up there behind Furcal.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby Oriole Way » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:20 pm

sportsguy138 wrote:He's back at the top of the order batting second tonight. Didn't take them long to put him back up there behind Furcal.

Probably more because Martin's got a day off today. Pierre will probably be moved back down unless he starts getting on base a lot.
Oriole Way
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:02 pm

his OBP is .316 and hasnt been over .330 in the last 3 years, its only .347 over his career... his OPS right now is an absolutely pathetic .650

hes not really good at what he does and is basically a 2 category fantasy player right now, he doesnt deserve to bat at the top of a major league line up with such bad numbers and should bat 7th or 8th...in no way, shape or form does he deserve to bat above:
Furcal
Kemp
Martin
Ethier
Loney
Kent
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates