Howie Kendrick: to begin rehab assignment - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Howie Kendrick: to begin rehab assignment

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Howie Kendrick: to begin rehab assignment

Postby The Big Train » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:20 pm

ANAHEIM - The last time Howie Kendrick came back from a broken bone in his left hand, it took some time before he got his swing back and felt comfortable at the plate.

Kendrick, sidelined since July 9 with a fractured left index finger, was cleared to take early batting practice before Friday's game, and it appears he will begin a rehab assignment when the Angels leave Monday on a weeklong road trip. However, there's no telling how long it will take him to get his groove back.

"I just lost my timing there for a little bit and I've had to figure some things out, adjusting my stance a little bit. As far as my approach in the box, I was getting a little too tall," Kendrick said of going 5 for 40 when he first returned May 23. "Other than that, I think I just went through a mental slump ... I worked my way back up. I think that's one of the (most important) things -- mental toughness. Coming out of this, hopefully I'll be strong enough mentally to be consistent and to stay on time with the ball."

Kendrick hit .349 once he shook off the rust. He said he didn't feel like he rushed his return, and that won't be the case this time, either.

"I can't say whether I'm going to be (on a rehab assignment) for five or 10 days; I don't know," said Kendrick, who could return as soon as the next homestand, starting Aug. 20. "I just know that I'll go play, and however long that takes, it feels good just to be back and be playing again."

http://www.pe.com/sports/baseball/angel ... 8ebc9.html
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Howie Kendrick: to begin rehab assignment

Postby Danger » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:09 pm

Izturis with another HR tonight. This guy is making the loss of Kendrick a lot easier on the Angels, at least a lot easier than expected. Kendrick was already taking an annoyingly large amount of days off coming back from his first injury and I have an unfortunate feeling he may take even more if Izturis keeps this up.
Danger
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ShawshankVA » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:11 am

how much are ppl buying into Kendrick saying he wont take 3 wks to find his swing after being activated off DL this time around?

as of Thurs AM, on this rehab trip hes gone 3/11, 3 1B, 2 R, 0 RBI in 3 games AAA Bees

man i hope he comes back ready to mash...im protected in case he doesnt, but would be a nice boost to have his '.300+ some power, some speed' self back in my lineup.
ShawshankVA
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Jimbo OZ » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:39 am

It's inevitable that he will take a little while to regain his stroke. I will try and keep him in the DL spot for a week or so until he shows something. When he puts a couple of good games together he will then take over at my 2B spot (currently occupied by Iguchi).
Jimbo OZ
College Coach
College Coach

Postby GoDodgers120 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:25 am

This was supposed to be kendrick's break out campaign! I guess it will have to wait until next year. I just hope kendrick comes on strong for fantasy playoffs!
GoDodgers120
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby ShawshankVA » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:17 pm

sources reporting he will be activated for Mondays game...wasnt too spectacular in AAA rehab...7/25 all singles & 1 rbi. im gonna leave him on DL till he shows something worth activating over...b4 i drop some1 in order to start Howie.
ShawshankVA
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby nyrblue2 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:47 pm

ShawshankVA wrote:sources reporting he will be activated for Mondays game...wasnt too spectacular in AAA rehab...7/25 all singles & 1 rbi. im gonna leave him on DL till he shows something worth activating over...b4 i drop some1 in order to start Howie.

Exactly what I plan on doing too. Unfortunately, my only other 2B is Wigginton, who only plays about 3 out of every 4 games.
nyrblue2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ceLpH » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:53 pm

not really valuable this year IMO

hes hitting too low in the order, when he came into the season hitting 2nd in that LAA line-up I was high on him but he hasnt panned out as I thought

was expecting him to compete for AL batting title
http://cashcrate.com/408420

^easy money by filling out referrals and surveys
ceLpH
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Danger » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:04 pm

Aug 20 The Angels activated Kendrick (finger) from the 15-day disabled list on Monday, the Associated Press reports.

Recommendation: Kendrick has had a rough season, playing just 51 games so far due to two broken fingers, but he should resume his role as the Angels' regular second baseman. Erick Aybar was placed on the DL to make room.

Been holding him ALL season, now let's see what he can actually do. Though with the re emergence of Theriot, his services may no longer be needed.
Danger
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Injuries & Player Updates