Garrett Atkins (Not an injury) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Garrett Atkins (Not an injury)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Garrett Atkins (Not an injury)

Postby SayHey » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:39 pm

Just became 1B eligible in my league when he moved over to 1st during last night's game. (5th appearance). This is great news for me in my H2H league where I have 4 great 3B, but have been struggling all year at first!
SayHey
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Garrett Atkins (Not an injury)

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:32 pm

he's still just 3B in yahoo
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jcook3127 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:58 pm

Great news for you with your specific situation...but this really isn't something that adds value to Atkins in my opinion....in yahoo you need 5 starts or 10 appearences, so he hasn't gained eligibility there yet...

Even if he eventually gets 1B eligibility in most fantasy leagues...Atkins is much more valuable as a third basemen than at first...
Why don't they just get a house that's already painted?
jcook3127
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby baseballstud » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:17 pm

jcook3127 wrote:Great news for you with your specific situation...but this really isn't something that adds value to Atkins in my opinion....in yahoo you need 5 starts or 10 appearences, so he hasn't gained eligibility there yet...

Even if he eventually gets 1B eligibility in most fantasy leagues...Atkins is much more valuable as a third basemen than at first...

what do you mean he is more valuable as a 3rd basemen then as a first?when a player has multiple positions he is eligible for it always adds to his value.
baseballstud
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 39)

Postby jcook3127 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:27 pm

No I disgree...when Victor Martinez gained first base eligibility did you really care? No...because why in the world would you draft him to play first base for you? He holds much more value as a catcher....

Well same with Atkins, though the value is not quite as lopsided...first base is deeper than third base...so Atkins is best suited to be drafted as a third basemen and played in that slot.

Sure you can mix and match on Mondays and Thursdays and that extra position helps midseason for lineup changes...but Atkins will be drafted next year to play 3rd base...unless you already have Arod, Migs, or Dwright, A-ram, or Braun....in which case...why are you drafting Atkins anyway?
jcook3127
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby stevethumb » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:14 pm

jcook3127 wrote:Great news for you with your specific situation...but this really isn't something that adds value to Atkins in my opinion....in yahoo you need 5 starts or 10 appearences, so he hasn't gained eligibility there yet...

....as he stated, it does add to gatkins value FOR HIM...as it does for me since i currently have tclark as my 1B in a 13 team NL only..for those who play 10 team mixed leagues it doesnt matter at all
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby jcook3127 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:54 pm

stevethumb wrote:

....as he stated, it does add to gatkins value FOR HIM...as it does for me since i currently have tclark as my 1B in a 13 team NL only..for those who play 10 team mixed leagues it doesnt matter at all

Did you not read the part where I said "Great News FOR HIM"?

13 Team NL Only leagues...in the event that you have no quality 1B and are loaded at 3B....fine...its wonderful that Atkins has the added eligibility. I'm so pumped. Otherwise...I stand by what I said..
jcook3127
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BravesGuy » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:15 pm

NICE!

I've got both Braun and Atkins on my team and now I can free up one of my Util spots!

Thanks for pointing that out!!!
Life is like riding an elevator. It has a lot of ups and downs and someone is always pushing your buttons.

ΠKΦ
BravesGuy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 37)

Postby sliders51 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:35 am

All you Atkins owners need to thank the Official Garrett Atkins Thread for getting our boy going. The fact that he got his batting average all the way up to .285 is pretty damn impressive.

And any player getting extra position eligibility will ALWAYS increase his value.

I am another owner that benefited from him getting 1B eligibility. I had Nady at 1B all year. Now I moved Atkins from DH to 1B and Corey Patterson into the starting lineup. Nady riding the pine.

So i do not agree at all with this guy. If he wants to have an entire lineup where all his players only have 1 position go right ahead, I'll take those players that have several positions.

Maybe the dumbest post I've ever seen at the cafe.
sliders51
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates