LCastillo - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

LCastillo

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

LCastillo

Postby vladrules » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:26 am

How is LCastillo looking? Does he have full time status or is he splitting time? I only ask bc I need a backup 2B to Figgy.

Hitting 2nd in NYM lineup b4 the big bats of Beltran, Delgado and DWright should boost his value. He'll get good pitches to hit with JReyes on base or get an RBI single once JReyes steals 2nd.
vladrules
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: LCastillo

Postby sgnilloccaz » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:31 am

As far as i know he still has his starting 2B job, if he doesn't Gotay would platoon with him, but i doubt that.
sgnilloccaz
College Coach
College Coach

Eagle Eye

Re: LCastillo

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:34 pm

Castillo is the Mets full time 2B. He will be for the duration of the season, without question as he is the best defensive option they have as well. He is perfect in the 2 hole behind Reyes, as he has had extensive experience being a two hitter behind Pierre.

He's been doing well. He should be good for some more RBI opps than he had in Minnesota, but his real value lies in his .300avg and his occasional steal. He's got more real life value than fantasy value, but there are worse options out there.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates