Way to go CBS - Should I be upset? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Way to go CBS - Should I be upset?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Way to go CBS - Should I be upset?

Postby captoats85 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:19 pm

hot4tx wrote:I think you should show CBS you mean business and boycott them in this league for the rest of the 2007 baseball season. Don't make any moves or even go to the site. That should bring the whole CBS Corp beast crumbling down!

ha...............ha........
captoats85
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:08 pm

i really dont know what you expect to do. nothing is perfect. if what you're looking for is someone to say yeah be mad, then go ahead. be mad about it. ive never played on cbs so i cant sympathize. yahoo isnt much better when it comes to things similar to that situation. they have an automatic eligibility change, but when players come up, they have wrong positions often. another gripe with yahoo is that they randomly have prospects in the system. eric patterson and adam jones have been in for months now, while guys like braun, j upton, etc arent in until after they've played.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hersch223 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:08 pm

If you're paying, then your league should have total control over the eligibility of every player. If you saw he was SP listed as RP, why didn't you have the commish change it? That option is there for a reason, in cases like this were there is a mistake. No offense, but that's your fault.
I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades...or a game of fake heart attack.
hersch223
College Coach
College Coach

Postby captoats85 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:22 pm

My commish wouldn't do that. He also says he lacks power to place a guy on the DL for you. Westbrook was definitely DL bound earlier in the year, but he wouldn't DL him for me... Cleveland took forever to officially do it, and it cost me Carmona, who I was going to grab as an injury replacement.

The guy is a stickler for rules and we haven't incorporated CBS' commish powers into our official rules yet. We moved over from Yahoo.
captoats85
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BigLebowski » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:08 am

captoats85 wrote:My commish wouldn't do that. He also says he lacks power to place a guy on the DL for you. Westbrook was definitely DL bound earlier in the year, but he wouldn't DL him for me... Cleveland took forever to officially do it, and it cost me Carmona, who I was going to grab as an injury replacement.

The guy is a stickler for rules and we haven't incorporated CBS' commish powers into our official rules yet. We moved over from Yahoo.

Then that is your problem. We have been on CBS for many years. I am the commish and I can change and players position eligiblity when I need to. Your beef is with the league rules then not CBS.

I can't put a guy on the DL unless MLB actually puts then on the DL, but why should anyone do that anyway. You are just opening a can of worms. Where is the line.....a guy may go on the DL but isn't there yet. DL is a thing that we leave up to MLB and we only go by what they do.
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 474)

Postby tinfoilxtouch » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:56 am

Callups and position changes for newer players is just a fact of life with fantasy. I've never gone a season on any site without having one technical mistake cost me something... doubt many other people have either. You obviously picked him up knowing he only was RP qualified...

I'd like to think there was a site that added players the minute their first game started and updated positions and injuries in real time, but that'll never happen. Most fantasy websites are side projects of larger sites... they don't have the energy to double check 5000 MLB and minor league guys every night. If your stats add up and your roster moves get accepted, that's the most you can demand.
tinfoilxtouch
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Bloody Sox » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:52 am

tinfoilxtouch wrote:Callups and position changes for newer players is just a fact of life with fantasy. I've never gone a season on any site without having one technical mistake cost me something... doubt many other people have either. You obviously picked him up knowing he only was RP qualified...

Exactly. 'Nuf said.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby San D » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:58 am

I am sure you've has plenty of situations where the eligibilty inaccuracies for new players have actually helped you. Sometimes these things work for you and sometimes against you. Go have a beer, take a deep breath, and let it go.
San D
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:32 am

Thing is, it kind of sucks, yes, but it's your fault for not starting him over one of your closers, which you probably should have given that you knew he was going to pitch.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers